The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Tyler Hall the last two weeks has been really good. Hard to imagine Hobbs getting his job back when he comes back tbh.Β 
Β 

Tre’von Moehrig has also had a nice two weeks. Was starting to get worried about him tbh. Maybe finally putting things together. Would be a huge boost if he can keep this up

I think Hobbs gets pT still but moved somewhere else

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Patrick Graham appreciation. He's completely turned it around.

I took a ton of flack for supporting the guy, but he can coach. He's got Crosby and a bunch of JAGS, but making it work. Fewest points through 6 games for the team since 2002.Β 

They are 29th in defensive spending. He's doing more with less which is encouraging. Get the guy some talent and things could really take off.Β 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I took a ton of flack for supporting the guy, but he can coach. He's got Crosby and a bunch of JAGS, but making it work. Fewest points through 6 games for the team since 2002.Β 

They are 29th in defensive spending. He's doing more with less which is encouraging. Get the guy some talent and things could really take off.Β 

obviously this is assuming giants are willing to take calls, but Leo just makes so much sense.Β 

If we want to make a playoff push, its essentially going to be riding the D as far as they can go.Β 
Leo played his best with Graham. (im not sure if DE or DT under graham though)Β 
Grew up a Raider fan.Β 
At a massive position of need.Β 
We will have the cap space next year to absorb it.Β 

What would he realistically cost us?

also, meant to mention, yes you def took some flak for sticking up for the guy.Β 

I played devils advocate at times saying there is no talent on D, but also the guy would irate me at times as well, so im sure i wasnt a big fan of his ever. just more of oh well, what can you expect.Β 

That said, I now definitely hope he stays on board, assuming the D can keep this level of play up.
Still have KC x2, Dolphins, Lions, Chargers, vikes . . . all of which are games that in past seasons no doubt we give up 30.Β 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Patrick Graham appreciation. He's completely turned it around.

Β 

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

We have faced some of the worst offenses in the league. The only good offense we have played all season is Buffao and they smoked us like a Christmas tree. Chargers have a meh offense this year. Packers meh offense. Broncos, Patriots, Steelers all Bottom 5 Offenses. And another Bottom 5 Offense in the Bears this week.Β 

Let’s see this team against the Lions, Dolphins, Chiefs, etc. Hold those teams under 28 points would be impressive.Β 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Crosby or Mack? Have to pick one.

Crosby doesn’t have the DPOY but I can argue he has been better than Macks time with us.Β 

What, prime Mack v prime Crosby or Mack right now v Crosby?

I think I’m taking Crosby for his leadership and he seems like he’ll be very durable too. I think Mack’s peak might be higher but overall body of work, maybe Crosby.

28 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Β 

We have faced some of the worst offenses in the league. The only good offense we have played all season is Buffao and they smoked us like a Christmas tree. Chargers have a meh offense this year. Packers meh offense. Broncos, Patriots, Steelers all Bottom 5 Offenses. And another Bottom 5 Offense in the Bears this week.Β 

Let’s see this team against the Lions, Dolphins, Chiefs, etc. Hold those teams under 28 points would be impressive.Β 

Agree in part, but didn’t Garoppolo turn the ball over a few times against the Bills and put us in bad field position, so have to give the D some leeway there maybe?

• Like 1

The defense doing its jobs against bad offenses is a good start. We have faced terrible offenses before and made them look good. Raiders defense will hardly ever look good against a good offense because of the lack of stars an talent on that side of the ball.Β 
Β 

Been pleased with PG this year.Β 

• Like 3

were leading the league in defending the deep ball. Big props to our DBs, and PG, also Maxx creating havoc and QBs knowing they have to get the ball out quick. Small sample size, but the eye tests tells me these guys are playing faster and with more confidence. Also to the detractors, should they not be playing well vs weak offenses? lolΒ Β 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Geezy said:

were leading the league in defending the deep ball. Big props to our DBs, and PG, also Maxx creating havoc and QBs knowing they have to get the ball out quick. Small sample size, but the eye tests tells me these guys are playing faster and with more confidence. Also to the detractors, should they not be playing well vs weak offenses? lolΒ Β 

While not world beaters, the addition of Epps and Spillane has paid off. Glue guys the defense needs. There are a lot of those type on defense. Now they need to get that star in the secondary, some push at DT and another LB and things could start to come together on that side. Really need Wilson to develop as well.Β Β 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

also, meant to mention, yes you def took some flak for sticking up for the guy.Β 

I played devils advocate at times saying there is no talent on D, but also the guy would irate me at times as well, so im sure i wasnt a big fan of his ever. just more of oh well, what can you expect.Β 

That said, I now definitely hope he stays on board, assuming the D can keep this level of play up.
Still have KC x2, Dolphins, Lions, Chargers, vikes . . . all of which are games that in past seasons no doubt we give up 30.Β 

We can’t argue offense vs defense anymore lol

maybe it really was carr ruining our defense lol

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We can’t argue offense vs defense anymore lol

maybe it really was carr ruining our defense lol

Lol, yeah I’m shocked I’m saying it, but our D is carrying our team.Β 
I still think they need more talent, and aren’t world beaters, but they are the strength of the team.Β 

We are mid of the pack right now in penalties, whereas last year we were bottom 3… although penalties per game is pretty close. 6.7 vs 6.3 right now.Β 
I think that is helping us a lot. And it is definitely possible that Carr had a weird count or cadence in his presnap hutting, cause NO is now up there too.Β 
(Although that’s total, not just offensive penalties)

Maybe the D watches Jimmy, and they have thoughts, like crap we better go close this out cause I doubt we move the ball.Β 
or he gets them nice and confident from practice all week lol.Β 

Regardless it is a refreshing site to see. I hope they can keep it up!
Β 

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Lol, yeah I’m shocked I’m saying it, but our D is carrying our team.Β 
I still think they need more talent, and aren’t world beaters, but they are the strength of the team.Β 

We are mid of the pack right now in penalties, whereas last year we were bottom 3… although penalties per game is pretty close. 6.7 vs 6.3 right now.Β 
I think that is helping us a lot. And it is definitely possible that Carr had a weird count or cadence in his presnap hutting, cause NO is now up there too.Β 
(Although that’s total, not just offensive penalties)

Maybe the D watches Jimmy, and they have thoughts, like crap we better go close this out cause I doubt we move the ball.Β 
or he gets them nice and confident from practice all week lol.Β 

Regardless it is a refreshing site to see. I hope they can keep it up!
Β 

I need us to beat a legit offense first lol then lookout cause ima get wild lol

• Like 2