The Raider Appreciation Thread ๐Ÿ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

ย 

I was very vocal about the Tre Tucker selection. Thought it was a luxury pick, but it turns out heโ€™s the speed element we need in offense. I can see why heโ€™s the pick. If he sharpens up his route running, kid is going to be such a dangerous weapon for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

I was very vocal about the Tre Tucker selection. Thought it was a luxury pick, but it turns out heโ€™s the speed element we need in offense. I can see why heโ€™s the pick. If he sharpens up his route running, kid is going to be such a dangerous weapon for us.

Totally agree. Hated the pick at the time but that speed does open other things up and can be a catalyst for the offence. I donโ€™t think heโ€™s ever going to be a complete receiver and master more nuanced routes though, he seems quite linear and rounds his routes off a lot, itโ€™s not terrible and heโ€™s certainly worth it the pick for what he currently brings. A very pleasant surprise!

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Totally agree. Hated the pick at the time but that speed does open other things up and can be a catalyst for the offence. I donโ€™t think heโ€™s ever going to be a complete receiver and master more nuanced routes though, he seems quite linear and rounds his routes off a lot, itโ€™s not terrible and heโ€™s certainly worth it the pick for what he currently brings. A very pleasant surprise!

He showed some phenomenal quicks at the senior bowl. I think it'll take some time for routes to translate to the NFL. That takes time. If he can learn how to use his speed to set up defenders, he'll be really good.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

He showed some phenomenal quicks at the senior bowl. I think it'll take some time for routes to translate to the NFL. That takes time. If he can learn how to use his speed to set up defenders, he'll be really good.

Yeh, obviously I hope he can learn the nuances and feel but even if he doesnโ€™t, heโ€™s still going to be quite valuable. I was very wrong on that pick for sure!

Just now, Darbsk said:

Yeh, obviously I hope he can learn the nuances and feel but even if he doesnโ€™t, heโ€™s still going to be quite valuable. I was very wrong on that pick for sure!

Oh for sure. He has top 5% NFL speed so even if he goes for a deep bomb here or there or even just stretches the field, he's worth a late 3rd (really the same as an early 4th).

• Like 1