The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Saw this stat which also kinda links in:

https://x.com/sharpfootball/status/1704850685051744574?s=46&t=rBi-M5Sv8aIxiPvpkavE-g 

Our pass blocking is much better than I expected it would be. Steelers will be blitzing, so possibly not the most important stat going into Sunday, but our big guys have held up really well in pass protection so far.

eta - why does some Twitter stuff embed automatically and other times it doesn’t? Annoying.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I think QB’s play a huge factor in Pass Protection Analytics. Carr had a quick release, sure, but when it came to mentally processing reads, he was extremely slow once he got past the first read. Jimmy goes through reads much faster, and also has better pocket awareness. 

Saints Pass Pro has been top tier for a decade and now these two games they look bad, lol. 

I’m not seeing that tbh, Garoppolo left a ton of plays on the table with specifically Hunter Renfrow wide open, so I don’t think he was going through his reads quick, I think he’s playing in the scheme to get the ball out very quickly and possibly is not even getting to his third read.

I guess he’s reading pre snap and pre determining where he’s going a lot. That’s what it looks like to me. I don’t know the stats but I guess his time to throw is among the league leaders.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:26 AM, Darbsk said:

I’m not seeing that tbh, Garoppolo left a ton of plays on the table with specifically Hunter Renfrow wide open, so I don’t think he was going through his reads quick, I think he’s playing in the scheme to get the ball out very quickly and possibly is not even getting to his third read.

I guess he’s reading pre snap and pre determining where he’s going a lot. That’s what it looks like to me. I don’t know the stats but I guess his time to throw is among the league leaders.

Looks predetermined too. Almost looks like he has tunnel vision on plays  reminds me of the “just run the play” days. Maybe that really  is a thing 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yep, now obviously every QB misses throws and doesn’t see open guys but I’ve certainly seen Mayers Renfrow and Tucker (when used) wide open seemingly within sight of the QB - Garoppolo especially.

I’ll give the rookie a big bit of leeway as he’s a 4th round rookie but our expensive vet should be hitting those guys with regularity, especially as in his games the pass protection was pretty good unlike AOC’s game.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This one actually ticks me off because he's a good player. He was dominate in college. You see him winning and the QBs are not even looking for the TEs right now. 

That's the only downside to having Tae. The QBs get tunnel vision on him too often.

I'd be shocked if Adams requests a trade, even if we pick top 5 and get a top young QB. He will be a hall of fame. That and playing for your childhood favorite team are pretty incredible in their own right, even if he never wins an SB. 

Also consider that he has a home in Vegas and his family is on the West Coast. A trade this year is extremely unlikely IMHO. If we get a rookie QB, it's actually even more of a reason to keep him. 

His game is built on polish he's not slowing down any time soon I truly believe that.

• Like 3