2020 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

33 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

CB: Marlon Humphrey / Marcus Peters / Jimmy Smith / Khalil Dorsey

S: Chuck Clark / Deshon Elliot / Anthony Levine / Jordan Richards

That's pretty thin in the secondary. Listing Levine as a safety is generous too. I'd expect at least one more permanent move to add another defensive back to the active roster. The problem is the lack of an obvious corresponding move. Ellis makes the most sense but given the defensive line durability issues thus far that's not a clean-cut decision.

I would think potentially cutting the center they promoted. 

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

I would think potentially cutting the center they promoted. 

Not sure that would really make a difference since he's probably going to be one of the regular inactive players. There's always has to be a few, and keeping him on the roster as a stash option for the future is fine when we're talking about an offensive lineman the team clearly likes. Adding a fifth corner or really any actual defensive back would likely be for someone that will see active snaps. Thus getting rid of someone like Ellis.

Or make it simple and jettison McSorely. 

7 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Not sure that would really make a difference since he's probably going to be one of the regular inactive players. There's always has to be a few, and keeping him on the roster as a stash option for the future is fine when we're talking about an offensive lineman the team clearly likes. Adding a fifth corner or really any actual defensive back would likely be for someone that will see active snaps. Thus getting rid of someone like Ellis.

Or make it simple and jettison McSorely. 

While you’re not wrong you’re sort of talking about two different moves/decisions. Making room on the 53 vs. gameday actives / inactives. On the latter point, they just had 4 RB active on gameday. There’s some flexibility on that front. 

Our fans out there pressing lol.

BTW, I guarantee Lacie does relay names that constantly come up to Eric. All the majority of middle aged woman want to do is yap and get involved in their husbands business. I've watched enough sitcoms to understand that.

"Eric honey, are you going to trade for Yaniss Enkway?". "Everyone keeps mentioning him on my timeline.."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Our fans out there pressing lol.

BTW, I guarantee Lacie does relay names that constantly come up to Eric. All the majority of middle aged woman want to do is yap and get involved in their husbands business. I've watched enough sitcoms to understand that.

"Eric honey, are you going to trade for Yaniss Enkway?". "Everyone keeps mentioning him on my timeline.."

"Babe, who is Julio Jones and why does twitter want us to trade Lamar for him????"

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"Babe, who is Julio Jones and why does twitter want us to trade Lamar for him????"

The twitter crowd is actually hilarious. All offseason they were screaming at anyone deriding Prince Judon, but now you could probably get some of them to assassinate him for the right price 😆.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My expectations are VERY low for Dez. I hope he works out, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

It's a classic Ravens FO move. Signing a (suspected to be) over the hill big name vet WR, hoping there's something left in the tank or a return to form is possible. Rarely works and I truly doubt Dez bucks the trend.

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

It's a classic Ravens FO move. Signing a (suspected to be) over the hill big name vet WR, hoping there's something left in the tank or a return to form is possible. Rarely works and I truly doubt Dez bucks the trend.

I would say we've had decent luck with it - Housh was decent, Mason was decent, Anquan (was he old?) was decent, Steve Smith was phenomenal, Mike Wallace, etc.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would say we've had decent luck with it - Housh was decent, Mason was decent, Anquan (was he old?) was decent, Steve Smith was phenomenal, Mike Wallace, etc.

We traded for Anquan.

Then you have Evans, Maclin, etc. A guy like Steve Smith was only like 1 or 2 years removed from an impact year when we signed him. This is like a Frank Sanders signing imo. We shouldn't expect anything from it.