NFL General Discussion

candyman93

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hey where you guys at with our OBJ update?  I expected weekly updates. 

Eh, 42 yards per game. He has had at least 20 yards in 3 of 5 games for the Rams and at least 30 yards in 2 of the 5 games.

He is benefiting from Woods getting hurt or he wouldn't be getting as much action. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:
3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hey where you guys at with our OBJ update?  I expected weekly updates. 

Right!!

And what about the "we neEd RusSel WilLSoN" guys?

Eh, Wilson still makes sense, sorta. I wouldn't go after him and I don't think the Browns will but his bad situation hurts his productivity, OBJ couldn't ask for anymore. Being the 3rd option at receiver with a team that throws the ball a lot is all OBJ could ever ask for. 

Wilson I think would still have struggles here. Our line is a little better at pass blocking but we don't have the receiving threats. Fix our issues at tackle and Wilson would be great here...but so would Baker imo. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, 42 yards per game. He has had at least 20 yards in 3 of 5 games for the Rams and at least 30 yards in 2 of the 5 games.

He is benefiting from Woods getting hurt or he wouldn't be getting as much action. 

To be honest I am 99 percent sure him and Landry are damaged goods.

I get no pleasure in typing that.

Just look at film last year and where they are today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, Wilson still makes sense, sorta. I wouldn't go after him and I don't think the Browns will but his bad situation hurts his productivity, OBJ couldn't ask for anymore. Being the 3rd option at receiver with a team that throws the ball a lot is all OBJ could ever ask for. 

Wilson I think would still have struggles here. Our line is a little better at pass blocking but we don't have the receiving threats. Fix our issues at tackle and Wilson would be great here...but so would Baker imo. 

I keep thinking about how this team took a step back and not forward. Going into the season Njoku or DPJ needed to be the guys to take a large leap forward for this team to be a contender on offense. We had no idea how the defense was going to be with so many new faces. Baker needed to take a step forward not backwards, his injuries don't count to this discussion. Lots of guys didn't step up to add on that list.

Only a handful of guys did step up. Myles, Clowney, Ward, JOK, Bitonio, and Teller come to mind. Not one playmaker has really done more than they did last year. Seems like an issue and when the QB doesn't carry the load then the rest of the team gets a pass. 

So does adding in Wilson, losing a ton of draft capital and money to sign FA, does this team really improve more than a 10 win team?? 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Translation: Baker is the problem. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Translation: Baker is the problem. 

The real problem is those who still think OBJ is rookie OBJ. If he was getting open all of the time here while being double covered you'd think he would always be open with the Rams since he isn't close to being their #1 WR. I dunno, maybe his Dad was wrong.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The real problem is those who still think OBJ is rookie OBJ. If he was getting open all of the time here while being double covered you'd think he would always be open with the Rams since he isn't close to being their #1 WR. I dunno, maybe his Dad was wrong.

It actually saddens me. Electric OBJ was a ton of fun to watch. I really hoped we could have seen him play here. 

55 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

It actually saddens me. Electric OBJ was a ton of fun to watch. I really hoped we could have seen him play here. 

He was amazing at one hand catches but always dropped more than he should overall. What I think made him special was his burst with the ball in the air. That has been gone a long time and I hoped when we traded for him he would get it back after his injury even though it was faded before that injury so pretty dumb hoping on my part.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I never watched the video but did his dad highlight all the drops or were those supposed to be forgot?

The Browns need a #1 WR and keep rolling with DPJ and build up the roster guys like him. Later round picks with talent. The big question is who can come in as a rookie and be a #1 WR. Those are usually few and far between. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDD said:

I never watched the video but did his dad highlight all the drops or were those supposed to be forgot?

The Browns need a #1 WR and keep rolling with DPJ and build up the roster guys like him. Later round picks with talent. The big question is who can come in as a rookie and be a #1 WR. Those are usually few and far between. 

Agreed, and it is definitely difficult to find those guys in FA, without breaking the bank!  I think a guy that has been mentioned is Gallup from Dallas.  The question is?????  Is he more of a beneficiary of the coverage to the other WR's on Dallas (Cooper, Lamb) or could he be a legit #1 option on a team like ours?

Gallup WR 1

DPJ WR 2

1st or 2nd rd pick WR 3/Slot

There would still be a ? as to how good this group would be, but I would take it over this year's bunch!

• Like 1

Here’s what needs to happen now:

Kansas City beat Pittsburgh this week + Cincinnati next week. All very likely to happen because KC wants that #1 seed.

Cincinatti beats Baltimore tomorrow. Very likely considering Cinci destroyed them with Lamar.

LA Rams beat Baltimore in 2 weeks. Very possible because the Rams are chasing Arizona.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

When I watch Carson Wentz, it looks very similar to watching Baker.  They both pretty much su.k

He’s not phenomenal but he’s efficient. Similar positions too I would say. Solid running game and is managing a 25/6 TD/INT ratio. Baker is 15/11 now. I actually think with Wentz right now we would be winning the division pretty comfortably. We just need efficient and average QB play to win some of these games.

Edited by NateDawg