NFL General Discussion

candyman93

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Weird how these stable franchises seem to luck out all the time.

I mean, the Bengals are stable and unstable at the same time. They haven't won a playoff game in over 30 years, they've been arguably as bad as us over the past 30 years, and they've had their shares of ups and downs. It's also funny how some teams get to pick surefire can't miss type QB's like Burrow and when we get to pick it's a weird QB class, nonexistent one, or we don't have the FO/coaching staff in place to develop them (or all of the above).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker has looked as good as Burrow at times imo.

Baker has never sniffed what Burrow has done this year.

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Having three great WR and a decent TE has magnified Burrows ability. He needed it at LSU too. 

Definitely. He's also playing behind a garbage OL, so there is a tradeoff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Baker has never sniffed what Burrow has done this year.

Definitely. He's also playing behind a garbage OL, so there is a tradeoff. 

Baker would die behind his oline. 

rightly so I have lost a lot of confidence in Baker, he has the arm talent to be a Drew Brees level of Qb, but his mental game and his behind the oline game is simply terrible. 

Staying the course will result in failure. 

He needs to get some really good coaching to reach his potential. He needs to be reworked from the ground up. there is precedence of it happening, Steve young, Drew Brees, but there is more precedence of it not happening, with countless NFl failures. 

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, the Bengals are stable and unstable at the same time. They haven't won a playoff game in over 30 years, they've been arguably as bad as us over the past 30 years, and they've had their shares of ups and downs. It's also funny how some teams get to pick surefire can't miss type QB's like Burrow and when we get to pick it's a weird QB class, nonexistent one, or we don't have the FO/coaching staff in place to develop them (or all of the above).

They are patient and allow things to be built over time.  They give coaches time and support.  That’s absolutely stable.

Successful is another discussion.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They are patient and allow things to be built over time.  They give coaches time and support.  That’s absolutely stable.

Well, they’re never going to fire their GM, so… :) 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Successful is another discussion.

Again, yes they’ve been patient, but they’ve also gotten lucky in years they’ve been bad and able to pick the right guys at the right positions in the right classes

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Tried to watch it, I just don't like it. I really don't like the isolation game and the chucking 3's aspect in the new NBA. I know some do, but I miss the midrange and having to play man to man defense days that were more physical. I know those guys are uber talented, but I just can't get into it.

Yeah I actually agree with some of this. But these guys are playing a nice team oriented style of play. Lots of guys have scored in double figures. Most sharing of the ball I’ve seen since the Daugherty, Price Nance Et all days. They’re fun to watch. 

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

And I was right 

If you think blowing up a roster and giving up a season at .500 week 8 is right, we’re not going to agree.

This team literally controlled their own destiny up until a week or two ago.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Season’s over

You’ve been saying it since week 8 and you’re just as wrong now as you were then.  Until we no longer have a possibility of making the playoffs, it’s not over.

You may not subscribe to that, and it may end up working out, but no coach or FO can operate like that.  You’d lose the locker room (deservedly) and would never attract a FA who wasn’t looking to just grab a bag of cash.  We’d be back in the era of players actively avoiding this team pre-draft.

This isn’t Madden.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I actually agree with some of this. But these guys are playing a nice team oriented style of play. Lots of guys have scored in double figures. Most sharing of the ball I’ve seen since the Daugherty, Price Nance Et all days. They’re fun to watch. 

They are playing pretty solid D, too, which is remarkable to see from a Cavaliers' team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Baker would die behind his oline. 

They both average 2.4 seconds of pocket time. Sack and pressure percentage is real close. Or pass protection is below average. Our interior guys are good but our tackles have been bad even before injuries.

Burrow at least has security blankets, our is Hooper and Landry. Not quite the same.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They both average 2.4 seconds of pocket time. Sack and pressure percentage is real close. Or pass protection is below average. Our interior guys are good but our tackles have been bad even before injuries.

Burrow at least has security blankets, our is Hooper and Landry. Not quite the same.

Yeah as great as the interior guys have been the tackles have not been good. Jed has been mediocre but Hance has been absolutely awful, so had Hudson early.

• Like 1