NFL General Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What else did they say in that broadcast?  Did Eli have any thoughts?  About the game plan for example?

They wanted to give Nick Chubb the ball more, but they didn't know at the time Chubb was dealing with the rib injury. They wanted to line it up all three downs and run the ball because the QB wasn't getting the ball out. They also mentioned the lack of added protection against Watt. 

Mainly though they were critiquing Baker, and the playcalling for letting Baker pass. 

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Wtf is up with Calvin Ridley?

I’ve read he wants out of Atlanta. I’d take him for a mid round pick in a heartbeat.

I’d also consider a late pick for Grady Jarrett.

Yes, his money sucks, but I think we’re about to clear up a LOT of space. I think he just had a down year.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’d also consider a late pick for Grady Jarrett.

Yes, his money sucks, but I think we’re about to clear up a LOT of space. I think he just had a down year.

Counting on Berry to land a few.

Really scored with Clowney, McKinley and McDowell on the DL in the last offseason, imho.

His approach seems to be snaring fallen angels and I like it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Pittsburghs QB gets the job done and converts a 4th down.

We couldn’t do that even once this year. That’s the difference. One team got “the play” when they needed it and we never did.

I would ague the WR got the job done. That was a horrible, low throw from the QB that the WR almost did not pull in. 

Of course the Steelers squeak into the playoffs. I'm telling you guys, watch out for the Steelers to go on an unfathomable miracle Super Bowl run with the DPOY and the wiley old veteran on his last ride. While the refs make some excruciatingly questionable calls to help them along.

Because of course they do. Gotta have that feel-good story, right?

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

What, more schadenfreude?

We will be a fan base deserving of a winning team when we learn to stop hoping for the worst for our enemies.

When one side receives only love and success and the other side receives only pain and failure, it naturally results in bitterness and disdain. Maybe that will change once the Browns have consistent success.