NFL General Discussion

candyman93

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t know if he would have lasted until 2020 tbh.

We’d have been drafting Tua or some ish by then.

I guess I’m not sure how we could say that about Allen but not Baker after year 2 considering Allen had an almost identical completion percentage with over a 2:1 TD to INT ratio

Even for those that have high hopes for Mayfield at this point, not sure how people see a similar trajectory between Josh Allen and Mayfield. Aside from the things you learn and develop like decision making and reading a defense, Josh Allen simply has a unique physical skill set that Baker does not have and never will have. The ceilings are very different. I’m still hoping Mayfield can max out his own skill set by fixing mechanical issues and processing issues. If he does that, he can still be a good quarterback but will never have the ceiling potential that a guy like Josh Allen or Aaron Rodgers has obviously. I think in general teams are going to be extra patient with a guy like Allen because of what he can become. Even with him though, I was a serious doubter when he was being talked about in the draft, and he did not have the level of growing pains I expected. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I guess I’m not sure how we could say that about Allen but not Baker after year 2 considering Allen had an almost identical completion percentage with over a 2:1 TD to INT ratio

Because he wasn't coming off a year where he set the rookie TD record in 14.5 games? Like, Baker showed enough as a rookie to buy himself a bad year. You think Josh Allen, with as bad as he was as a rookie, with the Hue/Freddie combo, would get to that 3rd year breakout? I think Berry/Stef would've been looking for a new QB.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FGK said:

Because he wasn't coming off a year where he set the rookie TD record in 14.5 games? Like, Baker showed enough as a rookie to buy himself a bad year. You think Josh Allen, with as bad as he was as a rookie, with the Hue/Freddie combo, would get to that 3rd year breakout? I think Berry/Stef would've been looking for a new QB.

And I’m saying that the second year breakout and improvements where he upped his accuracy close to 60% and threw 9 INT with 20 TD is enough of a progression to buy a third year…I’m not sure how that isn’t a factor, because it is.

Just now, MWil23 said:

And I’m saying that the second year breakout and improvements where he upped his accuracy close to 60% and threw 9 INT with 20 TD is enough of a progression to buy a third year…I’m not sure how that isn’t a factor, because it is.

Especially considering he would have been the #1 overall pick @FGK. They aren’t moving on after a year, period.

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Well they were in completely different situations those first 2 years.

One was receiving actual NFL coaching and the other had Hue and Freddie.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well they were in completely different situations those first 2 years.

One was receiving actual NFL coaching and the other had Hue and Freddie.

Right, and I’m saying that it’s highly unlikely that we move on after 2 years from the #1 overall pick who really wasn’t as raw year 2 as most of us like to have believed. I’m not saying that in a vacuum he develops at the same rate or to the same level this quickly, but I also believe as the great philosopher Macho Man Randy Savage said “The cream will rise to the top.”