College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Tutu Atwell vs Rondale Moore: go!

Rondale Moore by a mile. Just a better overall football player. Atwell is also good, but Rondale Moore can take games over. Atwell has had some very quiet performances and is easier to scheme a defense to stop. Rondale is a YAC nightmare that is bound to break a big play once or twice a game at least.

Moore also high points the ball and even though he’s 5’7, he has a halfway decent catch radius. Atwell needs the ball to hit him squarely in the chest. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, brownie man said:

Are there really any burners in this draft besides Waddle?

i see some shifty guys. But I don’t see that Will Fuller Desean Jackson top off the defense that we really need. I’d like to look at Marquis Goodwin in FA. See if he has any juice left. That’s really all we need just a deep field threat. 

There are a ton of vertical threats.

In addition to who had already been said, Tamorrion Terry, Anthony Schwartz, Marquez Stevenson, and Justin Hall can all flyyyy. 

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Dyami I Brown from UNC is the best deep threat in the draft. His ceiling is OBJ in his prime.

He’s dynamic as can be, but easily has the most volatile hands in this class. Major case of the dropsies. He’s basically Greg Little in terms of hands.

It's gonna be a long month lol.

Right now, my best guess is we take a CB at #26.  There should be a few good ones to choose from, and while it's not a screaming need, it's a still a need.

I know, I know, BPA.  I feel like we're set up similar to last year when we needed an OT, and there was likely to be 1 of the big 3 available to us.  I kinda feel the same way about the CB's this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

My boys (Phillips & Rousseau) just wrecked their pro days. Neither will be there at #26. If we don’t land Clowney or another DE via trade, we need to package some stuff up and go get one of them. 

If there was ever a year when moving up doesn't make sense, it's this year.

The draft is enough of a crapshoot without adding in stuff like opt-outs and lack of player visits and interviews.  I know they're your boys, LBGod, but one of them sat out last year and the other one is one more concussion away from scrambled eggs.

MAYBE if they fall to us, but no way am I moving up for them.

5 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I mean, I’m gonna gonna defend that stuff but the one thing that was specifically mention about parsons was a fight.  I don’t really care about an 18-19 getting into a fight tbh.  I did when I was young, so have many or most here.  Kids do dumb ish.

Hopefully he learned from it, and by all other accounts his teammates (save this kid) liked him.

That’s part of the difficulty in evaluating these guys, most are very young.  Sure, many guys have great character all along, others take some time to mature and grow up a bit. And not to dismiss any of it, but to keep things in perspective, we’re not looking for someone to lead our HR department, we’re looking for someone to play football and stay out of legal trouble.   

I’m not so much concerned about what type of person he was 2 years ago, but rather what type of person is he now. Has he learned, matured, etc?  Does he accept ownership for his mistakes and stayed out of trouble since?  

If so, he’s a no brainer at 26.