College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

In free agency I just want to extend Denzel and Jadeveon. Would like to sign Michael Gallup too.

Draft:

1. Garrett Wilson, WR, OSU

2. Arnold Ebiketie, DE, PSU

3. Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky 

4. Aaron Frost, OG, Nevada

4. Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan 

5. Tariq Woolen, CB, Texas-San Antonio 

6. Britain Covey, WR, Utah

7. Jaylen Watson, CB, Washington State 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

In free agency I just want to extend Denzel and Jadeveon. Would like to sign Michael Gallup too.

Draft:

IMO no way this FO grabs a 5th year senior this high, especially in such a deep edge draft. Haven't really watched Robinson. Is he something we don't have? Kinda read he sounds like Felton though maybe faster.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Draft:

I'd like a LB too. Phillips looked good today, but that was against backups. JOK is a stud, but the rest of our LBs should be nothing more than backups.

I want either 

1. Dt 2. Wr 3. Wr or 1.  Wr 2. Dt 3. Wr

I really want a slotnreciever like renfrow, welker or edelman. High percentage burning routes from the mid rounds.

The talent for dt is often more consolidated to the top, so it wouldnt surprise me of they do dt 1. And wr throughout the draft. 

The problem with our wr group is that if we draft 3 guys we will have a wr group of  3 rookies and dpj and AS. I doubt they  cut scwartz just yet. I think we will go 6 reicevers on the team, maybe felton makes the move to be our  slot guy.

Just saying…. The last 10 years of 13th overall pick:

2021 Rashawn Slater 

2020 Tristan Wirfs 

2019 Christian Wilkins 

2018 Daron Payne 

2017 Haason Reddick 

2016 Laremy Tunsil 

2015 Andrus Peat 

2014 Aaron Donald 

2013 Sheldon Richardson 

2012 Michael Floyd

Only 3 names on here have not been to the pro bowl.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just saying…. The last 10 years of 13th overall pick:

2021 Rashawn Slater 

2020 Tristan Wirfs 

2019 Christian Wilkins 

2018 Daron Payne 

2017 Haason Reddick 

2016 Laremy Tunsil 

2015 Andrus Peat 

2014 Aaron Donald 

2013 Sheldon Richardson 

2012 Michael Floyd

Only 3 names on here have not been to the pro bowl.

Its a spot where you are probably a good enough organization to not completely mess the pick up and the talent is still there. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@MSURacerDT55 what do you think about Jermaine Johnson? Big fan of his background. He was on Last Chance U and became the leader of FSU’s defense.

He defends the run too and isn’t just a pass rusher.

There's a lot to like about this guy, I was watching him early off and his play really didn't tail off. First off, I love his energy/temperament, I also love how he manipulates the OL with his jab step (i.e. inside jab, outside flip and outside jab, inside move), also his awareness to get the ball out when he is in the area of the football, in addition to his dedication to being good against the run, he really anchors down and holds his ground vs the run. 

He is as close to a complete prospect as there is at that position but for some reason doesn't have the name recognition as other prospects. He is clearly a 1st round prospect in my book but if somehow he goes later, its going to be an absolute steal.

But thinking about it, if he does anything that shows his athleticism on the field, he probably is going to skyrocket up

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@MSURacerDT55 what do you think about Jermaine Johnson? Big fan of his background. He was on Last Chance U and became the leader of FSU’s defense.

He defends the run too and isn’t just a pass rusher.

🤫 🤫 🤫

He's still being mocked around the end of round one. I'd like to somehow end up with a top WR and Johnson. I believe he's gonna be special.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

There's a lot to like about this guy, I was watching him early off and his play really didn't tail off. First off, I love his energy/temperament, I also love how he manipulates the OL with his jab step (i.e. inside jab, outside flip and outside jab, inside move), also his awareness to get the ball out when he is in the area of the football, in addition to his dedication to being good against the run, he really anchors down and holds his ground vs the run. 

He is as close to a complete prospect as there is at that position but for some reason doesn't have the name recognition as other prospects. He is clearly a 1st round prospect in my book but if somehow he goes later, its going to be an absolute steal.

But thinking about it, if he does anything that shows his athleticism on the field, he probably is going to skyrocket up

I just love that he actually defends the run. Most guys his size and talent only want to rush the QB.

He plays like a bully and blows up run plays. He’d be an amazing fit for us. He’d be entering his prime by the time Clowneys play starts to dip due to age.