College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

43 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

He ain't it, though.

Ya don't know much bout that kid from USC, and honestly do not believe there is anyone like Parsons in the draft.  Parsons alma mater PSU has a nice looking linebacker in Brandon Smith,  (no Micah Parsons) but I like his skill set!

Edited by big poppa pump
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Ya don't know much bout that kid from USC, and honestly do not believe there is anyone like Parsons in the draft.  Parsons alma mater PSU has a nice looking linebacker in Brandon Smith,  (no Micah Parsons) but I like his skill set!

Smith looks like an NFL starter. If we end up with him with our third, that would be nice. And yeah, I don't think there's a Parsons in this draft, as there usually isn't.

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Smith looks like an NFL starter. If we end up with him with our third, that would be nice. And yeah, I don't think there's a Parsons in this draft, as there usually isn't.

And honestly...props to Dallas for taking him when they did.  He did the covid opt out, and didn't have anything on tape for a full year.

It’s kind of tough predicting the draft given how active we’ve been in free agency under Berry.

If we lose Clowney, that nukes what we do draft wise because it opens a massive hole.

If we sign some WRs that alleviates the need to draft 1 in the first round.

17 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I almost included him in my First Mock draft......he's on my Board too.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It’s kind of tough predicting the draft given how active we’ve been in free agency under Berry.

If we lose Clowney, that nukes what we do draft wise because it opens a massive hole.

to be honest not worried about draft except if 3 wr come off before we draft 

I am more than a little bit worried we pass on a  all world lineman for the 4th best wr.

Neal stud saves us 10 mill on the cap

linderbaum saves us 10 mill plus we ad a stud linebacker

Hamilton s Notre dame how about Hamilton,Delpit,and Johnson

trade down Jameson then add a second 

just get this draft right Berry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

ok Candyman if Clowney walks now Mcdowell gone how do you look at the browns in terms of need.

I'm just speculating here....but I think that McDowell is gone

Malik Jackson is a FA

Clowney is a FA

That is 3 out of 4 starters on the D line.  Front 7 help will be the priority, along with the WR position.  Berry needs to make that the focus for FA and then the draft.

Keeping Clowney is priority 1 right now!!!!!

10 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Malik Jackson is a FA

Clowney is a FA

That is 3 out of 4 starters on the D line.  Front 7 help will be the priority, along with the WR position.  Berry needs to make that the focus for FA and then the draft.

With this Malik nonsense I think Berry needs to consider the franchise tag or transition tag for Clowney if a deal can’t be worked.  

We simply can’t let him walk.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Malik Jackson is a FA

Clowney is a FA

I was just coming in here to post this exact same sentiment....I will just agree now.

But what sucks is that now Clowney has ALL the Leverage of earth

An Image of Clowney and his Agent right now...

tumblr_m3mxjk5Y8i1qjhjdwo2_r1_500.gifv

Pullie D and A.B. headed to the Stadium today.

brinks-zoas-kkkk-brinks.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

Yeah gotta resign Clowney. 

that’s unfortunate for Malik, but he’s cheap to keep I think he’s a RFA this year. 

I just don’t think he had a plan for off season life. He didn’t have that structure. Get him some structure and hopefully he’ll be alright. Bring him back one more year. At least. 

• Like 1