College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

9 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Could you imagine Hamilton against Kelce,Andrews,and Kittle in the playoffs this would create double teams for all number 1 receivers.

It is interesting to drafting the best player if drafting Hamilton would create a Seattle no fly zone man that could have KC and Cincinnati crying no fair.

Hamilton for Harrison let me dream.

Ross for OBJ another upgrade.

Schematically thinking if we get speed at WR then it forces the safeties out of the box then opens up the running lanes imagine trying to stop Chubb with only 6 peoplein the  box.

Tuesday Morning Dog GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Edited by mtmmike
stupid
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This is what you want at MIKE

He’s also a mechanical engineer major. So he’s a leader and a nerd.

This is what you want in a LEADER, needs aside I think if we were to draft him he would be the most important player since 1999. I think he is the glue to a historical defense at UGA and would be our version of Ray Lewis, he could be the centerpiece of a legendary defense, the type of guy that elite players would come to Cleveland to play a long side of him.

Also, with this WR class it is so deep that you can get a future #1 guy in the second round (i.e. George Pickens, Justyn Ross, David Bell, Chris Olave and even Jameson Williams) you can get a quality guy in the the 2nd in addition to what they do in FA

A draft like:

1st. Nakobe Dean -MLB

2nd. George Pickens-WR

3rd. Jermaine Johnson- DE

4th.Jamaree Salyer - OT/OG 

4th. Eyioma Uwazurike - DT 

This would be a home run IMO....

• Like 1

I guess the non 1st Round WR I'd be interested in would be (no particular order):

Bell, Purdue: Not high athletic upside, potential good #2 or slot

Olave, OSU: Great production, fluid route runner, great hands, high floor, could struggle vs. press coverage but worst case scenario will be a good slot or #2 against zone defense

Ross, Clemson: Medical questions, but good production and elite measurables

Metchie, Alabama: Injury concern(s), elite production, I think he could be a better athlete than some give him credit for

Pickens, UGA: Injury concern(s)

13 hours ago, mtmmike said:

could you imagin Hamilton against Kelce,Andrews,and Kittle

Hence why I put him in my First Mock of the year...as Much as I want a WR in the 1rst...if one of the top 3 defenders (DE's from Mich and Oregon and Hamilton) then I dont care who is available there....you take one of those 3 without hesitation. Dont answer the phone for trades....

I feel like we are already going to have the best young 2ndary in football with another year in the system, remember 3 of them were essentially rookies this year, Newsome for sure, Delpit who missed his rookie Season, and Greedy who didnt hit 16 games played until week 6......I am already smiling ear to ear with the potential we have...I know some folks will say I'm a little over the top with the LeCounte Kid...but I like him a Center Fielder and he looked good in the preseason, and when pressed into action because of Covid and Hamstrings, he didnt look lost.

With LeCount over the top, Johnson as the hybrid SS/FS and Delpit as the Slot Safety, and then with Ward and Greedy on the outside and Newsome in the slot. With T.Hill and Stewart and AJ Green as the backups....that is a GOOD secondary. 

I know some folks are saying Newsome and Ward outside with Greedy coming off the Bench and Hill in the slot.....I want folks to take a look at Greedy's number side by side with Ward this year....it MIGHT surprise you.....I will also take this time to smile, and Nod my head like Jack...

yes-nodding.gif

We will heal as a Browns Team this offseason.....I will not take the time to call the names I recorded, who were calling for GREEDY TO BE CUT and DELPIT to be cut/traded....I kept saying a 6'2 CB that runs 4.3 and led the SEC in INT's a Freshman....those type of guys are Average CB's at WORST in the NFL....look at greddy's numbers 10 PDs, 1 FF and 2 Ints to go along with 43 tackles, playing in a part time roll for most of the year.....STILL think we should Cut Greedy for nothing THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! 😁😆🤣

Now done with that...if you pushed LeCount to a backup at FS and insert Hamilton in there.....that is the Top Young (or otherwise) Secondary in Football IMO no QUESTION about it, it wouldnt even be close......Its almost like the Redskins with their Dline....we would literally have a 1rst and 2nd round pick at safety and 2 1rst and 1 2nd rounder at CB (and Greedy and the Delpit, the 2 2nd rounders, were fringed 1rst round talents when coming out...

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If the front office is dead set on getting a WR in round 1, why not trade down….?

I think it is fans that are dead set on getting a WR.

Highly doubt that the FO will elevate need over BPA.

And, yes, trade down makes all the sense in the world if one of the D studs isn't there.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This is exactly what I want.

Is there that much of difference between guys like Wilson, Burks, and London….?

Pre-injury I had those three plus Williams in a tier. But the thing is, depending on how the draft goes, it's entirely possible that 2/3 of those top, healthy guys are gone before we even pick the first time. A trade down makes the most sense if you think guys like Olave/Dotson/Pickens/Bell are really close to that first tier.

Man I love the idea of getting a defensive guy for sure. 

But unless it’s Hamilton I’m passing. We need receivers so bad man. Higgins is gone most likely. Everyone wants to cut Jarvis and Schwartz idk if he’ll ever be a good receiver. 

We need three guys man. We need to put up points 

The following mock typifies the "have to draft a WR R1" madness.

I mean, really, if Linderbaum (ironically chosen by BAL), Hamilton, Leal and Dean are still available, do you go WR?

And, as in this mock, not even the best available, imho:

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-matt-corral-only-qbs-selected