College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

He reminds me so much of Freddie Kitchens. The whole happy go lucky personality that will surely get stale quickly and fall out of favor if the Lions lose 6 out of 8 games

He has an incredibly brilliant offensive coordinator though. He made Goff look good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just heard Florio say that he knows some teams were concerned with Stroud because of 'past demons' and 'issues that need addressed and maturing'

What?

Aka “sht teams tell morons like Florio hoping to tank Stroud’s value so they have a shot at him”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Wonder if Zack Harrison falls to the Browns in the 3rd. Dane Brugler has the Browns taking him there. Would be a nice piece to add at DE

I would like this. I know all Browns fans overinflate OSU players, but this is a dude that's going to be at least solid in the pros. Reminds me a lot of Tyrone Crawford, who was a very solid player for a long time. And that's a floor, because he has excellent long-term potential. He plays hard...he's just a bit stiff. Old Clowney isn't a bad comparison for him either. I like the idea of him playing in a wide-9 and just getting a sprinting head start to maul a TE/OT.

8 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I would like this. I know all Browns fans overinflate OSU players

Wrestling Laughing GIF by Howdy Price

8 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Reminds me a lot of Tyrone Crawford, who was a very solid player for a long time. And that's a floor, because he has excellent long-term potential. He plays hard...he's just a bit stiff. Old Clowney isn't a bad comparison for him either. I like the idea of him playing in a wide-9 and just getting a sprinting head start to maul a TE/OT.

Like Myles, he’s a big *** dude with a good burst to have playing wide like that.  It creates some naturally beneficial angles for the pass rusher and if the OT doesn’t keep his feet under him he’s powerful enough to bull rush him.  If he can learn one decent inside counter he should have the skill set and physical ability to win attacking both shoulders and the chest.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

He reminds me so much of Freddie Kitchens. The whole happy go lucky personality that will surely get stale quickly and fall out of favor if the Lions lose 6 out of 8 games

He’s infinitely more fiery and passionate 

• Like 1

He has all the athletic ability to be an elite player in the NFL, but he doesn’t have any bend to be a legitimate pass rusher. He’s going to affect the game though and knock a bunch of passes down, I think he will be a really good DE2 for someone.