College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

Fat boy Wills needs replaced and so does Conklin. Availability is the best ability and it’s not good here. Our OGs are getting older. Basically the entire OL needs re-constructed. Can’t do it all in the draft but they need to hit on at least a couple guys. You’d love at least for Zinter to develop into a starter at OG for one spot. OL without Callahan though I don’t have the same faith in our development.

I know OL sucks and all but we need a qb. We have talent on the OL right now and we’ve seen what that does for us if they’re not coached right. So drafting tackles and guards high isn’t going to help. We need a qb. Nothing else matters. Unless Watson has some mental breakthrough or Stefanski does some actual coaching then we can’t go into next season with him. Deions son might be our best shot. I’m just not sure this team can handle the eventual media buzz that will be around him. Too bad manning won’t be in this draft. 

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Man, give me a dude who can read a defense and work through progressions from the pocket.

Or at a minimum someone with some actual speed if they’re gonna try to outrun a defense every snap. 

So tank next year for arch? Because he can do both at a high level. 

If this team knows Watson ain’t it, they should do one of two things:

1. Pull the band aid of now and bench him, try to salvage the season with Jameis

2. Trade Jameis to Miami, trade off dudes like Cooper and Moore, continue to trot out the rapist and intentionally set him up for failure, let Myles rest and get surgery, and go all in on a rebuild

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I know OL sucks and all but we need a qb. We have talent on the OL right now and we’ve seen what that does for us if they’re not coached right. So drafting tackles and guards high isn’t going to help. We need a qb. Nothing else matters. Unless Watson has some mental breakthrough or Stefanski does some actual coaching then we can’t go into next season with him. Deions son might be our best shot. I’m just not sure this team can handle the eventual media buzz that will be around him. Too bad manning won’t be in this draft. 

Sanders isn’t better than Cam Ward, Quinn Ewers or Carson Beck. At best he’s equal to them.

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If we truly wanted to get Manning, him not coming out until 2026 is actually better for us. Problem is, most of our best players like Garrett and Ward will be towards the end of their prime by then.

22 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I wish we had more first round picks. We need OL, WR and probably QB in the first round at a minimum 

Excellent point but how many games due we win if are defense surrenders 16points per game with Chubb back?