MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

Its crazy that Mahomes threw 3 picks and still had a 90+ rating game but Rodgers was close to perfect again.

I think that 39 to 4 TD/INT now compared to 33 to 5 and the bigger increase in rating pushes Rodgers ahead overall on stats (with the record and intangibles going to Mahomes)

I'd say it 51-49 Rodgers right now but Mahomes has a huge game against the Saints then Rodgers has a huge game against the Titans.

Its been a weird season and its not always been fun to watch but this MVP race has been good throughout.

To answer the earlier question:

Think of the race as each player taking 16 tests. He nailed this one and Mahomes struggled

• Rodgers had his 4th best statistical game of the season.
  • Mahomes had his 11th best statistical performance.
    • Hill was the difference with his rushing TD getting them started.
    • The Hardman punt return had nothing to do with Mahomes either
    • Green Bay's rushing TD was by Rodgers (for his 4th score today compared to Mahomes' 2)

Rodgers won this week 133 + extra credit to 92. Of course its a big step up.

Just look at the TD/INT stat changes today:

• Mahomes went from 15.5 to 1 down to 6.6 to 1.
  • Rodgers went from 9 to 1 up to 9.75 to 1
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I guess I'm wondering - who isn't really noticing this? Think he's had three 200+ yard games?

It’s about consistency though and overall season, not how many 200 yard games you can have. Henry would need 2K yards and 20 TDs to even have a chance tbh. 

1 hour ago, rich homie said:

Because Rodgers had a better game than Mahomes.

Yes I know I watch football too.

My point is, were the respective performances really SO disparate in your eyes, to somehow make up what you yourself said was a SIZABLE lead from Mahomes?

Now I think they're about even in the race, might lean a little Rodgers. But if my opinion prior to today was that Mahomes was somehow leaps and bounds ahead of Rodgers, I dunno why today would have completely closed the gap.

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Yes I know I watch football too.

My point is, were the respective performances really SO disparate in your eyes, to somehow make up what you yourself said was a SIZABLE lead from Mahomes?

Now I think they're about even in the race, might lean a little Rodgers. But if my opinion prior to today was that Mahomes was somehow leaps and bounds ahead of Rodgers, I dunno why today would have completely closed the gap.

i mean, Mahomes threw more ints in this game than he had combined in the last 12. That's significant ha

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s about consistency though and overall season, not how many 200 yard games you can have. Henry would need 2K yards and 20 TDs to even have a chance tbh. 

But he's had eight games over 100 with three to go, and his lowest yardage game (57) came with two TDs. His worst game statistically was 15/60 last week vs Cleveland - where the Browns gave him the Mahomes treatment, ran the ball at an obscene rate to keep him on the sideline.

2k/20 is in the cards with a Detroit/Green Bay/Houston final slate - he needs 191 Rush YPG to break Eric Dickerson's 2,105 yards. Anyone else, I'd say it's a long shot, but I could absolutely see Henry averaging 195 to close out the year.

Henry might not MVP - in fact, I'm certain he won't. But, be needs to get votes, he needs OPOY and he needs to be ahead of Ryan Tannehill for sure - Henry makes Tannehill, not the other way around.

Just now, ET80 said:

But he's had eight games over 100, and his lowest yardage game (57) came with two TDs. His worst game statistically was 15/60 last week vs Cleveland - where the Browns gave him the Mahomes treatment, ran the ball at an obscene rate to keep him on the sideline.

2k/20 is in the cards with a Detroit/Green Bay/Houston final slate - he needs 191 Rush YPG to break Eric Dickerson's 2,105 yards. Anyone else, I'd say it's a long shot, but I could absolutely see Henry averaging 195 to close out the year.

Henry might not MVP - in fact, I'm certain he won't. But, be needs to get votes, he needs OPOY and he needs to be ahead of Ryan Tannehill for sure - Henry makes Tannehill, not the other way around.

GB gonna give him the '94 Barry Sanders treatment.

Henry rushes 13 times for -1 yard vs us

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i mean, Mahomes threw more ints in this game than he had combined in the last 12. That's significant ha

Yeah, I get it. It was not exactly a Picasso from Mahomes today. But he did notch a couple TDs, and added another 400 yards (I thinking passing yardage is a tad overrated, but even so), so it wasn't without its positives. They also won the game, against a potential playoff team.

I dunno, in my mind it's weird if you think this week somehow closed some vast chasm between the two.

But again, in my mind Rodgers pulled ahead of Wilson several weeks ago, and while Mahomes has been gaining, he hasn't passed.

Just now, DannyB said:

Yeah, I get it. It was not exactly a Picasso from Mahomes today. But he did notch a couple TDs, and added another 400 yards (I thinking passing yardage is a tad overrated, but even so), so it wasn't without its positives. They also won the game, against a potential playoff team.

I dunno, in my mind it's weird if you think this week somehow closed some vast chasm between the two.

But again, in my mind Rodgers pulled ahead of Wilson several weeks ago, and while Mahomes has been gaining, he hasn't passed.

It was a toss up coming w/ slight edge to Mahomes coming into the week and clearly Rodgers now IMO. I think he was wrong to have Mahomes "significantly" ahead of Rodgers coming into the week. Doesn't make any sense.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

GB gonna give him the '94 Barry Sanders treatment.

Henry rushes 13 times for -1 yard vs us

For this, Henry is going to break a 97 yard TD run on the first play of the game.

(I don't know how the ball got spotted at the 3. ST miscue, we'll go ahead and say that).

Just now, incognito_man said:

It was a toss up coming w/ slight edge to Mahomes coming into the week and clearly Rodgers now IMO. I think he was wrong to have Mahomes "significantly" ahead of Rodgers coming into the week. Doesn't make any sense.

I think the thing I'm kinda holding against Mahomes, and this may be ENTIRELY unfair, but...I don't think he's really been operating at the peak that he's shown he's capable of the past couple of years. I mean the numbers are there, and he still routinely makes throws that are just impossibly absurd, but he's just looked a tad "off" to me. The notion that he can be playing a half-step below what he's capable of, and still be doing what he's doing is a testament to how terrifyingly good I think he is, but it also kinda factors in to why I'm leaning Rodgers. After several down(ish) years himself (again, by his standards), I think Rodgers looks as good and comfortable this season as he has since 2014.

I dunno if my explanation makes any sense, and it really might be unfair, but it is what it is.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

But he's had eight games over 100 with three to go, and his lowest yardage game (57) came with two TDs. His worst game statistically was 15/60 last week vs Cleveland - where the Browns gave him the Mahomes treatment, ran the ball at an obscene rate to keep him on the sideline.

Completely disagree. They are about equal to each other in this teams winning. See Titans before Tannehil. Plus I don't know what it is with you, some personal vendetta with Tannehil or what, but you massively sleep on him constantly. He's easily having the best Pure QB season behind Rodgers, Mahomes, and Watson. Narrowly ahead of guys like Josh Allen and Russell Wilson. So are you gonna sit here and discredit every single Tannehil season as long as Henry is RB? That's honestly pretty lame for Tannehil, lose-lose situation. Tannehil is having an absolutely phenomenal season.

Although yes, if Henry finishes with 2K yards, he'll finish ahead of Tannehil in the MVP Award.

Edited by BayRaider

List Updated.

- Rodgers surpasses Mahomes to claim the #1 spot for the first time since Week 1 where he was tied with Wilson. I do expect this to be a tight race down to the end though. Especially with Mahomes having an 8.5 to 8.2 YPA advantage and two wins advantage. However, if the season ended today, I would give it to Rodgers.

- While everyone talks about Henry (and he deserves the attention), Tannehil is equal to that teams success and also having the fourth best pure QB season behind Rodgers, Mahomes, and Watson, narrowly ahead of Allen and Wilson. He’s been nearly flawless since being named the Titans starter last year. People complain about Henry not getting enough respect, that is even more true about Tannehil. He is having a lights out season, one of the best in Titans/Oilers history. Only 1990 Warren Moon is better, and even that may be surpassed.

- Henry with another beast mode game, and he even has a chance to win the award if he breaks 2K, but if Rodgers keeps up his pace, it might not even be enough. Henry would need at least 2,000 Rushing Yards, 19 Total TD’s, and Rodgers to slip up a bit. However, he has a chance.

- While the MVP Award is almost surely Rodgers or Mahomes at this point, I do think the players from #3 to #7 on this list are still narrowly alive. They would need three straight beyond masterful performances, with Rodgers and Mahomes really slowing down, but I’d consider them alive. Although, yes, it’s almost certainly Rodgers or Mahomes.

- Xaivien Howard has had an INT in 5 straight games with 9 on the year. He has 9 INT’s, expected to have double digits, and is also the second best pure coverage corner behind only Jaire Alexander. Howard has earned his spot on this list, and I’d honestly say he’s the DPOY Front Runner currently narrowly ahead of Aaron Donald, T.J. Watt, and Myles Garrett.

- Ben Roethlisberger leaves the list for the first time since Week 1. Also Dalvin Cook disappears after only one week on the list. Two defensive players make their debut: Xavien Howard and Aaron Donald.

- These last few weeks will be pretty tight, good luck to all the players in the list. Should be fun.

• Like 1