MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

Its a blast to watch both Mahomes and Rodgers having MVP-level seasons in their respective offenses.
Mahomes is in Year 4 with Andy, Rodgers is in Year 2 with MLF

Try this thought exercise: What if Rodgers and Mahomes switched teams ? Would their production on their new team match the production of the other guy in that offense ? Would one do better/worse ? Mahomes/MLF vs Rodgers/Reid

• Like 1

9-3 Packers wins this year against teams that had a winning record when they played them:

END OF LIST

11-1 Chiefs wins this year against teams that had a winning record when they played them:

• 2-0 Baltimore
  • 2-1 New England
  • 4-1 Buffalo
  • 7-4 Las Vegas
  • 7-4 Tampa

Yeah, this race is not all that close. Mahomes is the MVP.

• Like 4

On 12/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, Shanedorf said:

Its a blast to watch both Mahomes and Rodgers having MVP-level seasons in their respective offenses.
Mahomes is in Year 4 with Andy, Rodgers is in Year 2 with MLF

Try this thought exercise: What if Rodgers and Mahomes switched teams ? Would their production on their new team match the production of the other guy in that offense ? Would one do better/worse ? Mahomes/MLF vs Rodgers/Reid

It is interesting, however, with Mahomes and the Chiefs you often get diminishing returns having a top 5 (if not the best) WR and the best TE in the NFL. We see them seemingly struggle against the Broncos, but then you remember what they do to the best defenses in the NFL, where they all seem to "get up", and it's disgusting.

Which is all to say, I believe if Rodgers and Mahomes swapped teams, Mahomes would still be better. I think Adams/Jones and then the sometimes garbage/sometimes complementary WRs are all an "elite" QB needs. Having Hill and Kelce and having their other WRs all consistently be average/above average is overkill for a player like Mahomes, and they just seem bored to me sometimes. But that game against the Ravens, who have a legit top defense this year, showed their full potential.

They also both played at Tampa, so, there's that.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

9-3 Packers wins this year against teams that had a winning record when they played them:

END OF LIST

11-1 Chiefs wins this year against teams that had a winning record when they played them:

• 2-0 Baltimore
  • 2-1 New England
  • 4-1 Buffalo
  • 7-4 Las Vegas
  • 7-4 Tampa

I agree with you but the Packers were the last team to beat the Saints. That win, even though they were 1-1, is still a better win than any of the Chiefs' wins.

Their respective performances at Tampa Bay are pretty telling to me though.

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

END OF LIST

• 2-0 Baltimore
  • 2-1 New England
  • 4-1 Buffalo
  • 7-4 Las Vegas
  • 7-4 Tampa

Not saying that my point favors Mahomes or Rodgers, but...who cares if they had a winning record when they played them, vs. what the team is at now? And furthermore, what the opponents' records are at the end of the year? So if my quarterback beat the Chargers, Bears, WFT or Jaguars in week 2, that would be some awesome feather in his cap? On the flipside, if my QB beat the Colts...who cares, they were under .500 at that point? Seems weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

I agree with you but the Packers were the last team to beat the Saints. That win, even though they were 1-1, is still a better win than any of the Chiefs' wins.

Their respective performances at Tampa Bay are pretty telling to me though.

Is it weird that a rematch with Tampa Bay in the playoffs does not worry me in the slightest? Everything went wrong for the Packers that game and I feel pretty confident that we would handle them in a rematch. 

in regards to MVP, Rodgers takes the lead after yesterday but it’s still as close as it’s ever been

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

END OF LIST

• 2-0 Baltimore
  • 2-1 New England
  • 4-1 Buffalo
  • 7-4 Las Vegas
  • 7-4 Tampa

I agree with the point. The use of "winning record when they played them" to not give the Packers credit for beating the Saints was not needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

END OF LIST

• 2-0 Baltimore
  • 2-1 New England
  • 4-1 Buffalo
  • 7-4 Las Vegas
  • 7-4 Tampa

lol what a terrible/slanted take. Their SOS and SOV are on par with each other and the Packers have the best win between the two. Talk about a disingenuous argument.

Using opponents' record, but only valuing winning records when the games were played is stupid. It basically discounts all week 1, and many week 2 and 3 match ups, just by chance.

The Bears were 5-1 at one point in the season, but now have a losing record. If Green Bay had just been scheduled to play them a few weeks earlier then they would have "beaten a team who had a winning record at the time." But it wouldn't make any difference at all in reality.

It's a really bad argument.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation
  • Like 3