MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The Chiefs are a better team because we have Mahomes

So, the "best TE in football" (according to you) and "the best WR in football" (according to you) and a "HoF RB" (according to you) is simply because of Mahomes?

Then... maybe they're not as good as you've tried to tell us.

3 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Mahomes has better weapons to throw the ball to, but Rodgers has the better OL and defense

The better OL is the case, but how does a better defense lead to stats that are nearly the same for Rodgers?

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

most think its 1a and 1b with it still undecided with a few games left.

I'm on this train of thought, the next few weeks will tell us everything. If Mahomes has another 3 INT game, he probably falls into "1b" territory.

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Probably. 

Rodgers has faced the 20th rated schedule.

Mahomes has faced the 29th rated schedule.

So far.

I don't know where you get your rankings, but the one I saw was a lot closer. GB #27, KC #30. This is before the Chiefs play the #2 ranked Saints. 
http://www.powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

The major flaw in these is that the good teams drive down their own schedule. Hence KC #30 and Denver #3, despite having 3/4 of the schedule the same.

J

10 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I don't know where you get your rankings, but the one I saw was a lot closer. GB #27, KC #30. This is before the Chiefs play the #2 ranked Saints. 
http://www.powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

The major flaw in these is that the good teams drive down their own schedule. Hence KC #30 and Denver #3, despite having 3/4 of the schedule the same.

J

I use DVOA pretty much exclusively. By far the best metric available.

41 minutes ago, Kirill said:

How is Rodgers #1 when Mahomes and Rodgers stats are pretty much the same and Mahomes has 2 more wins? Y'all desperate to give it to anyone but Mahomes

Stats are "pretty much the same" only if you think 6 more TDs and 1 fewer INT is equal to 500 yards.

I would value the points over the yards.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flounch said:

So if a QB throws for 4/4, 40 yards and 4 TD, we can say that he destroyed a defense ? 

As soon as a QB does that... well figure that out. 

Right now, the metric is 21/29 221/4 is the measure of worth, and I'd evaluate it as destroying a defense.

15 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

Stats are "pretty much the same" only if you think 6 more TDs and 1 fewer INT is equal to 500 yards.

I would value the points over the yards.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yardage - the Dane Cook of stats.

A = Aaron and that comes before P for Patrick in the alphabet, ergo Aaron is ahead of Patrick and the clear leader in MVP race
If we consider middle names, Charles is vastly superior to Lavon, again giving the nod to Rodgers
And finally the KC QB is named "Patrick Mahomes II"  for a reason - 
He's used to being second and will always be second and even his proud parents are ok with that

• Like 4