2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Well I'll put it this way about the love of the game.  Some guys early on in their careers will do whatever it takes to improve and make it, but once they make it they stop doing those things and then never grow.  Happens with players all the time too.  Gase had a quick rise through the ranks along with Peyton Manning's endorsement.  It's likely he said "$hit I finally made it! My stuff works!" and got complacent.  Peyton had a great year, I'm a head coach now, I'm invincible. He's humans and many of us are guilty of this. It's up to the Johnsons to figure out what coach is going to work out just like it's up to Douglas to interview these prospects to get a projection of what their careers and attitude and work ethic will be.

There are plenty of tests and uncomfortable questions that can be asked to dive deep into the player or coach's personality and brain.  I don't think that happens though.

Johnson’s need help in the search but they have to trust the right people. That search firm that brought us Idzik was a mess, Casserly hired his guys in Maccagnan and Bowles, Peyton endorsed Gase understandably as he had his best season with him. 

Old school approach is to poach the hot coordinators from great teams(Ravens DC’s, Seahawks DC’s, Holmgren OC’s) some times it works others it doesn’t. 

This team needs a Parcells IMO. Jim Harbaugh is the guy but no way he leaves Michigan for this job. I can’t see it. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Johnson’s need help in the search but they have to trust the right people. That search firm that brought us Idzik was a mess, Casserly hired his guys in Maccagnan and Bowles, Peyton endorsed Gase understandably as he had his best season with him. 

Old school approach is to poach the hot coordinators from great teams(Ravens DC’s, Seahawks DC’s, Holmgren OC’s) some times it works others it doesn’t. 

This team needs a Parcells IMO. Jim Harbaugh is the guy but no way he leaves Michigan for this job. I can’t see it. 

1) They have put together a bad group then

2) Tough to choose between the hot coordinator and the hot college coach.  Both can work if you dig deep into that coach which the Johnson's team is obviously awful at.

3) That's the only thing that can save us.  Heck, I'd take Coughlin who I always hated.  We are hopeless until we get our dictator (lack of a better word)

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

We aren’t rebuilding. We botched this harder than anyone could of imagined.

Joe Douglas said the Jets were “pissed” being ranked dead last in the preseason. Lmao you’re team is really proving them wrong Joe

Now we can side with Jamal Adams. heh

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

We aren’t rebuilding. We botched this harder than anyone could of imagined.

Joe Douglas said the Jets were “pissed” being ranked dead last in the preseason. Lmao you’re team is really proving them wrong Joe

I would love for him or someone to come out in the media and start holding players and coaches accountable.  FFS, have a position coach say something.  Everyone acting like everything is fine makes it worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I would love for him or someone to come out in the media and start holding players and coaches accountable.  FFS, have a position coach say something.  Everyone acting like everything is fine makes it worse.

I don't think position coach is allowed to talk with press during the season.

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He’s part of the problem until he proves otherwise. I don’t care about his “reputation.” He’s sucked since he’s arrived here

26 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

When has Bill Belichick ever seemed fired up about anything football related as a Patriots HC?

Stop it seriously. 

But he wins football games. So that negates that. Bowles and Gase didn't and haven't won anything. It's not a cookie cutter HC that they have to fit this, this and this criteria. But we've tried the "coordinator with a low key persona" guy back to back times now. With no success. So it's time to try something new. Get a guy who looks and feels and loves the game. That players like. That can best utilize his talent. That isn't head strong to have an ego to not adjust. Etc.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

I meant between JD and Adams bs.   Same?

The beef wasn't with JD - JD just had to react due to the nature of his rolee

Jamal wanted out bc he saw this team as a stinker with no direction under Gase

Jamal was and is 1000% correct - smart kid

I'm wondering if the eagles would move on from Doug Peterson if they only win a handful of games. If they move on from Doug Peterson I would love to have him. I see him as a Andy Reid type guy that did well with Phil and they kind of burnt out and needed a change of scenery. Then you add the JD connection to it. Peterson with T Law and all those 1st round picks with your great LT for years to come plus all that cash might change somethings.