2021's Head Coaching Candidates

JetsandI

So far, Jets have requested to interview the followings:

Matt Eberflus, Colts' DC. (1st interview completed)
Arthur Smith, Titans' OC. (1st interview completed) (2nd interview completed)
Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs' AOC. (1st interview completed)
Patrick Graham, Giants' DC. (Decided to stay DC for Giants)
Brian Daboll, Bills' OC. (1st interview completed)
Brandon Staley, Rams' DC (1st interview completed)

Aaron Glenn, Saints' DB. (1st interview completed)

Robert Saleh, 49ers DC.(1st interview completed) (2nd interview completed)

Marvin Lewis, Sun Devils DC. (1st interview completed)

Joe Brady, Panthers OC. (1st interview completed)

Interview in Dark:

Jim Harbaugh

Matt Campbell

Dan Mullen

David Shaw

Pat Fitzgerald

Edited by JetsandI

38 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

It is too early to start the thread about candidates for 2021 but people don't stop whining about Gase. lol.

In no particular order.

Matt Eberflus, Colts' DC.
Arthur Smith, Titans' OC.
Joe Brady, Panthers' OC.
Josh McDaniels, Patriots' OC.
Todd Monken, Bulldogs' OC.
Eric Bieniemy, Chiefs' AOC.
Robert Saleh, 49ers' DC.
Jim Harbaugh, Wolverines' HC.
Brian Daboll, Bills' OC.
Nick Sirianni, Colts' OC.
Dennis Allen, Saints' DC.

Josh McDaniels was HC for two teams and failed, plus he douched the Colts.  He is really only a good OC because of Belichick.  Pass.  Todd Monken is a decent, but not spectacular OC, he reminds me of Gase.  Jim Harbaugh would want complete control most likely.  i do net see him and JD working well together.  Plus I think he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, although there is no denying his coaching talent.

Would really be nice to get a guy with HCing experience for once and not a hot coordinator. Gase doesn’t count he just got fired and for whatever reason the jets thought he was the perfect choice. JD needs to really hit this one out of the park though whichever route he goes. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Josh McDaniels was HC for two teams and failed, plus he douched the Colts.  He is really only a good OC because of Belichick.  Pass.  Todd Monken is a decent, but not spectacular OC, he reminds me of Gase.  Jim Harbaugh would want complete control most likely.  i do net see him and JD working well together.  Plus I think he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, although there is no denying his coaching talent.

McDaniels served HC once (Broncos).  He left Colts because of front office situation. Both him and Allen were immature (mental standpoint) to handle teams but now they should be ready to roll.  Kyle Shanahan quit on Browns and something else in his NFL career but he has done just fine at HC for 49ers. 

Monken definitely isn't the same as Gase because Monken is a very aggressive dude. Problem with Monken right now is the rumor about him badmouthing on Browns last year even though he is right about Browns.

Agreed on Harbaugh but his name will be thrown in for HC gig annually anyway.

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

I also wouldn't be opposed to going the college route. Give me a guy who built a strong program from little to nothing in the beginning. It's why we wanted Rhule I'm assuming and there's a few other guys who fit the bill. 

Preferably one with NFL coaching background.  Not just pure College resume.