Derek Carr out 2-6 weeks

pwny

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

He'll be back week 6 I think. Romo went through the same thing.

Yeah and rushing back worked out well for romo. I say week 8 at the earliest. If ej is playing well and we put together some wins, he is away the whole 6 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah and rushing back worked out well for romo. I say week 8 at the earliest. If ej is playing well and we put together some wins, he is away the whole 6 weeks. 

I'll go ahead and be Negative Nate we are screwed teams will sellout to stop the run like no other 

Ravens, Chargers, at the Dolphins before our bye week.

I'd guess even if he's good to go for the Miami game, they'll try and hold him off until after the bye. Unless we're a hot mess for the two upcoming home games. Which is a distinct possibility, I think.

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Any good FA Qb's out there? I'd let Lynch go for one right now. Anything but having to watch EJ behind our line. 

I'd honestly like to see them move EJ around. Carr, as athletic as he is, just didn't wanna use his legs. 

First and foremost the run game has to get better. Less Lynch and more Richard/Washington is a good step. Utilize Olawale more.

2 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

I'd honestly like to see them move EJ around. Carr, as athletic as he is, just didn't wanna use his legs. 

First and foremost the run game has to get better. Less Lynch and more Richard/Washington is a good step. Utilize Olawale more.

I don't think they'll have to design anything for EJ to move around though. That's what worries me the most really. The O-line has been hot garbage. I haven't seen lines cave like that since I played as Old Dominion against Alabama on NCAA '14. 

See, the thing with the run game, imo, is we've been trying to get way too cute with the whole "limited touches" mantra. That's great when it is 1 RB (think Chris Thompson last week, how the Pats used Shane Vereen, etc.). But we've limited ALL of our RB's touches. Sure, every now and then Richard or Washington will come in and catch a D off-guard for a pop play. But limiting everyone's touches keeps the run from getting established and messes with consistency. Lynch probably needs more runs. He's averaging 11 runs a game as our "lead" back. That isn't consistent. That's just my take though.

Brutal. I know Romo and Cam went back to playing after one week but you never know how one heals. EJ looking solid would bring me comfort if it the surrounding cast hadn't let him down at various points. Not how I wanted this year to start at all  but it's still early and we should still be in contention for a spot whenever Carr returns

Terrible news.  Carr is the leader and backbone of this team, losing him for an extended period of time is the worst news possible.  

The Raiders need to keep him out until he is 100 percent healthy.  Rushing him back before he is 100 percent especially with the way our line has been blocking would be catastrophic.  

EJ Manuel is at best an average QB.   If Carr is out 4 to 6 weeks the best we can hope for is .500 before he returns.  If that is the case and we are .500 we can hope to squeak into the playoffs as a WC team.  

Archived