James Harden traded to Brooklyn

NYRaider

Should the Rockets trade James Harden?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Rockets trade Harden?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What are the best packages they can even get at this point? 

Brooklyn: Dinwiddie, LeVert, picks

Philly: Simmons, picks

it's tough. the bkn package is terrible. seems like philly wants to hold onto simmons for now. if they can get harden for simmons, even straight up, you take that and run.

maybe a non-contender swoops in and offers something great, but that seems unlikely. if you are a contender trading for harden you don't want to gut your team. and the guy is a huge question mark culture/basketball fit wise. so yeah it's tough. miami "pulled out" ... but a package around...Herro? terrible lol 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

it's tough. the bkn package is terrible. seems like philly wants to hold onto simmons for now. if they can get harden for simmons, even straight up, you take that and run.

I think Houston asked Philly for Simmons, Thybulle, and 3 1st round picks. 

If Brooklyn includes Dinwiddie, LeVert, Allen and picks I don't think that's a terrible package. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I think Houston asked Philly for Simmons, Thybulle, and 3 1st round picks. 

If Brooklyn includes Dinwiddie, LeVert, Allen and picks I don't think that's a terrible package. 

i think it's pretty bad. none of those guys have even a small percentage of a chance at ever being all stars in the west. they are borderline starters without much upside. Allen is likely to be the best of the 3 and he is a rim runner. if you get a ton of picks it's not the worst, but that is a VERY depressing return for an all-nba player. you want to get at least one guy that gives you some hope for the future. 

and side note...LeVert is 26. Doesn't stay healthy. hasn't had great numbers. his hype as a trade piece has been odd to me. he's fine. all 3 are good complimentary players but they are doing nothing for you in the west. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Maybe a non-contender swoops in and offers something great......

Good. Send him to the Wizards and reunite Beal & Wall. Done.
Not sure James will be all that enthused....but he is under contract for three more years...............

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i think it's pretty bad. none of those guys have even a small percentage of a chance at ever being all stars in the west. they are borderline starters without much upside. Allen is likely to be the best of the 3 and he is a rim runner. if you get a ton of picks it's not the worst, but that is a VERY depressing return for an all-nba player. you want to get at least one guy that gives you some hope for the future. 

and side note...LeVert is 26. Doesn't stay healthy. hasn't had great numbers. his hype as a trade piece has been odd to me. he's fine. all 3 are good complimentary players but they are doing nothing for you in the west. 

Agreed. You're talking about a bunch of role players for James Harden. I'd rather swing on Herro and meh than anything Brooklyn could offer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, champ11 said:

Windhorst reported the Nuggets had talks with the Rockets .... just don't see Harden being a fit with the nugs culture or jokic. So I don't believe the nuggets would entertain adding him. Maybe at the deadline if the season goes meh 

Nope. Bad fit, and he’d leave first chance he gets. If it was a Porter centric package I wouldn’t mind, but Murray? No way, and I doubt a Porter centered package could get Harden.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Nope. Bad fit, and he’d leave first chance he gets. If it was a Porter centric package I wouldn’t mind, but Murray? No way, and I doubt a Porter centered package could get Harden.

I read that Murray is completely off the table in any Harden trade discussions FWIW. Houston is likely going to get pennies on the dollar now that they've waited and he's acting like a complete arse trying to force his way out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

here's my thing. jokic wants to play ball a certain way. he pretty much has built this franchise up from the ground. is harden gonna come in and cede control to Jok? is he gonna move off ball? i don't really think I can give him the benefit of the doubt....for better or worse I don't think that partnership can work. jokic literally leads the league in touches every year. is his franchise gonna make him the complimentary offensive engine?

i just don't see it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, champ11 said:

here's my thing. jokic wants to play ball a certain way. he pretty much has built this franchise up from the ground. is harden gonna come in and cede control to Jok? is he gonna move off ball? i don't really think I can give him the benefit of the doubt....for better or worse I don't think that partnership can work. jokic literally leads the league in touches every year. is his franchise gonna make him the complimentary offensive engine?

i just don't see it. 

Great points.

How about sending him to Cow Town aka Sacramento?

That’ll show him! Have fun in those strip clubs loser! 😂 

15 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i just don't see it. 

I wouldn't want to take the ball out of Jokic/Murray's hands to have them play off of Harden. 

• Like 1