What movie are you watching?

Forge

43 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Positive ending? I didn’t make it far

They finally reach some middle ground at the end but man it gets ugly before then esp after he dumps Alan Alda’s character as his attorney and hires Ray Liotta’s. There’s this vicious fight they have too which is heartbreaking.

Marriage Story is pretty darn good (as long as you like low concept, slice of life stuff). The cast rocked their roles, ScarJo and Driver were phenomenal. That being said, it is a tough watch. Alan Aldas character pretty much spells out what is going to happen and well, yeah it happens. 

One minor thing, I disliked the umm film grain/filter or whatever that was used. It was shot like it was set in the late 90s-early 00's. Wasn't until ScarJo goes to LA did I realize it is NOT a period piece. Same look as Francis Ha (but in color). I think the Black and White fit the grain, and didn't make F.H feel dated. 

Edited by animaltested

On 12/9/2019 at 9:15 AM, Outpost31 said:

This is clearly a Force Awakens level Ghostbusters movie designed to tug on that nostalgia of the first movie.  I think it looks good.  Good cast, too.  

That's gonna be almost impossible to do if they try to hire actors to pull off Murray's deadpan delivery on humor. Hopefully they just stick to the lore with "some" references to the original humor.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That's gonna be almost impossible to do if they try to hire actors to pull off Murray's deadpan delivery on humor. Hopefully they just stick to the lore with "some" references to the original humor.

Well I think Murray, who is in this movie, can pull off Murray’s deadpan delivery.

• Like 2

Watched It: Chapter 2 last night.  Yeah, the first one was a better movie, but I prefer Chapter 2.  That part with the creepy old tall lady scared the **** out of me.  When she was running after Chastain’s character I yelled, “Oh, **ck!” And kicked at my TV.  I was a little intoxicated, so I think that’s how I have to watch horror movies from now on.  Movie altogether wasn’t very scary, and there was no sense of any real danger throughout, and they kinda neutered Pennywise, but man if that part didn’t get me good.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Some I dont mind. But given Abrams and Kennedy love being woke for their Hollywood circle I fear its just going to be a sh!t show.

This really is the only issue I have with current Star Wars.  I know your expectations are different from mine on everything else, we both know you hate TLJ and I love it and we won’t get into that now, but I’m 100% in agreement with you on the Wokeness factor.  It’s obnoxious.  The way I deal with it is the same way I deal with C-3PO in the original trilogy.  Nobody likes him, not even the characters, and I feel it strengthens the characters that they’re able to deal with him because everyone in real life has a real C-3PO they have to deal with just like everyone has a purple-haired pretentious doofus to deal with.  As in life, if you can just accept that these people don’t mesh with you and accept it and move on from it, it makes life and movies much more enjoyable.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

This really is the only issue I have with current Star Wars.  I know your expectations are different from mine on everything else, we both know you hate TLJ and I love it and we won’t get into that now, but I’m 100% in agreement with you on the Wokeness factor.  It’s obnoxious.  The way I deal with it is the same way I deal with C-3PO in the original trilogy.  Nobody likes him, not even the characters, and I feel it strengthens the characters that they’re able to deal with him because everyone in real life has a real C-3PO they have to deal with just like everyone has a purple-haired pretentious doofus to deal with.  As in life, if you can just accept that these people don’t mesh with you and accept it and move on from it, it makes life and movies much more enjoyable.  

Oh I try to, I look over a great many things like that because its almost in every show and movie now. But the amount of crap that they shove into it makes it unbearable to watch some of these things and now these people not only put it in there they dont try to hide the fact that they want their politics in there for everyone else to see. I mean just go read up on the Witcher series with what Lauren Hissrich is doing even after she said she wasnt, these people even went so far as to make "Scrotum" Armor in response to the evil Patriarchy society we live in. Now its happening with the WoT series, its not subtle references anymore. Its not "just" their opinions anymore, they have to lecture you first and entertain you later. **** that, they want to completely drown out and remove any voice but their own on subjects, I'm not gonna fault you for it man cause yea in many cases its easier to go along and get along but to me these people in Hollywood have no intention of getting along with anyone unless they think exactly like they do and they do not care to represent anyone but themselves. With their opinions that  seems to change on a whim and with no reflection of their morals or convictions. 

Oh and here is the armor from the new witcher series that's about to come out, this will only become more outlandish.

tkyqqxby1r131.jpg

D7nELiwWsAEc0xv.jpg

1559125594984.jpg

effav02pmgy31.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

@Calvert28, they can't possibly have admitted they designed that armor after scrotum because patriarchy. 

Its the rumor because the leaks supposedly came from a disgruntled employee that was fired because they spoke up about this and other designs, I mean they are more outspoken about what they mean to do with the show so who knows they may admit it in the future. 

Their "official" statement was that the armor was supposed to look "cheap" but I would guess to make armor like the scrotum armor would be more time consuming and expensive to make then any other type given much of this lore is still grounded in medieval Europe. Plus the show runner has already been caught in multiple lies about the show so it wouldnt surprise me.

Normally I would take it with a pinch of salt, but those early designs are so radically different from the games and so comparable with their looks that I just can't assume they were just made to look "cheap". There are an infinite number of ways to make something look cheap, hell just by not giving them any armor at all would make them look cheap.