What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 12/18/2019 at 10:05 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Awesome movie!  It got me into poker way back in 1998 before the big poker boom started after Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP Main Event in 2003.  Teddy KGB is a very memorable character - "Mister SOB, let's play some cards.", and Gretchen Mol was her usual gorgeous self in it, so that was nice too.  :)

Although its a good movie. the thing that bothers me about poker movies, is that the final card match is almost always the villian suffering a bad beat.

This happened in Maverick as well.

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Although its a good movie. the thing that bothers me about poker movies, is that the final card match is almost always the villian suffering a bad beat.

Not much you can do about that.  It's a poker movie so you have to take the bad guy down somehow.  The only thing is that it would be more realistic if the good guy in the movie would take down the bad guy once in a while with just 3 of a kind vs. the bad guy's two pair.  It seems like it always comes down to the good guy getting a royal flush to take down the bad guy's quads or something like that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Not much you can do about that.  It's a poker movie so you have to take the bad guy down somehow.  The only thing is that it would be more realistic if the good guy in the movie would take down the bad guy once in a while with just 3 of a kind vs. the bad guy's two pair.  It seems like it always comes down to the good guy getting a royal flush to take down the bad guy's quads or something like that. 

They’re not going to risk it all on two pair lol

The Spy Who Dumped Me - 6/10 Actually laughed at a couple parts. 
Cut Bank - 6/10 - Good for people who like early Coen movies.  It's like a poor man's early Coen Brothers movie.
Blown Away - 6/10 - Very dated.
Out of Time - 6/10 - Meh
6 Underground - 7/10 - Probably my favorite Michael Bay movie since The Rock.  They don't hold back on violence, and it's pretty funny, too.
Don't Be A Menace... - 5/10 - I think maybe one joke hit, and the rest were annoying that they carried on way too long. 
It: Chapter 2 - 7/10
The Great Wall - 6/10
Superstar - 6/10
Murder at 1600 - 6/10
Annabelle Comes Home - 6/10
The Long Kiss Goodnight - 5/10 - This movie proves to me that Shane Black never really had any talent at all.  He's often praised as one of the best at dialogue when all it really was was him twisting and contorting how/what people say into the most ridiculous sentences he could come up with for every scene.  The movie was obnoxious AF. 
The Irishman - 6/10 - Obviously Scorsese levels of filmmaking, but it felt flat to me. 
Shot Caller - 6/10
Limitless - 5/10 - I don't understand how this was a hit.  It's terrible. 
Traitor - 6/10 - I laughed at the twist at the end.  A bunch of terrorists get on a bus...
Brooklyn's Finest - 6/10
The Pelican Brief - 6/10

27 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

6 Underground - 7/10 - Probably my favorite Michael Bay movie since The Rock.  They don't hold back on violence, and it's pretty funny, too.

I already kind of wanted to watch this already and I love The Rock. Gonna have to watch it sooner rather than later I guess. 

On 12/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, Malfatron said:

Yeah but what makes this one real fun is that it's a reversal of the opening scene loss by Mikey.