What movie are you watching?

Forge

i give it a 7.5/10

it went big, and amped up to it with a slow burn

and i still cant tell if it was seriously trying to make a movie

i take it back.

they pretended like they were making a movie until the last 20 minutes, and just said **** it.

lol when shes buried in flowers (and other stuff)

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The Dinner

What a convoluted crap fest that was. Such an excellent cast but literally everything about the movie was terrible. 

I read the book, and i was very surprised that a movie form would even work

(didnt see the movie)

Edited by Malfatron

8 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I read the book, and i was very surprised that a movie form would even work

(didnt see the movie)

From what I've read, it diverges from the book quite a bit. Don't bother wasting your time though. Based on what others have said, the foreign films based on the book would be the way to go, if you ever did want to watch it in film form.

Just now, beekay414 said:

From what I've read, it diverges from the book quite a bit. Don't bother wasting your time though. Based on what others have said, the foreign films based on the book would be the way to go, if you ever did want to watch it in film form.

Yeah, what i thought was most interesting about the book was the subtle descriptions in the dinner, forced formalities and customs, and subtle jockeying for power positions.

the reveal was just meh

Just now, Malfatron said:

Yeah, what i thought was most interesting about the book was the subtle descriptions in the dinner, forced formalities and customs, and subtle jockeying for power positions.

the reveal was just meh

Sounds about right. The movie tried to do this but they turned the sociopath husband (I believe he was a sociopath in the book), into a emotional, undiagnosed (they don't say what he has in the movie) mess of a man and it comes off as incessant whining and weakness. There's like a random 5 minute section of the movie where you get a history lesson on Gettysburg FFS. It's just an absolute mess. The guy that wrote the book walked out on it at the premiere and didn't go to any of the after-parties lol.

• Like 1