What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I haven't seen the first three you listed. I'll add them to my list.

But this isn't a so bad they're good performance. It's just a good performance.

Cages performances in the first 3 i listed were excellent as well.

I dont consider those so bad its good either, although vampires kiss was awesomely OTT

ok, will check out next movie

6 hours ago, Malfatron said:

anyone else see this?

im interested to hear takes on this very strange movie

I had never even heard of it. Then I looked it up.. the cast is amazing.

Matt Berry

Jemaine Clement

Graig Robinson

Aubry Plaza 

I'll check it out in the next few days... thanks for the recommendation... 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:38 PM, Outpost31 said:

First of all, James Gunn listed five perfect movies.  They were:

Back to the Future
Chinatown
Rashomon
Back to the Future
The Thing

So y'all can suck it.  But that's not about that.  It's about people giving him a hard time for a "plot hole" in Back to the Future. 

I swear to God one of my biggest complaints with fans is their incessant need to find plot holes.  99.999999% of alleged plot holes aren't plot holes, they're unintelligent and non-creative morons whining. 

The alleged plot hole is why Marty's parents don't recognize Marty.  Chris Pratt was much more kind in his response than I would have been, but people are too stupid to realize that over 20 years of their son growing, they might have noticed an eerie resemblance to the kid they knew 20-30 years ago, but how many people honestly even remember anyone they went to school with, much less anyone they went to school with for a week, 20-30 years later?

99.9999% of plot holes can be explained if you just have a tiny bit of imagination. 

I just Googled biggest plot holes. 

Shawshank Redemption - Poster being on there perfectly after Andy crawls through the tunnel.  Pretty sure he could have hardened the back of the poster with readily available items from a prison and used an adhesive and let the air flow suck the adhesive to the wall. 

Obi-Wan taking Luke to Tattooine being stupid because Darth Vader would surely look on his home planet.  Seriously?  Luke has family on Tattooine, it probably is literally the last place Anakin would look, and Anakin didn't even know his children survived.  

The Dark Knight Rises - Apparently a complaint is that the cops went from the sewer to looking all cleaned up too quickly.  If you were trapped in a sewer for 5 months what is the first thing you would do?  Personally, I'd take a ****ing shower and change my ****ing clothes.  Another one is that Bruce Wayne is too recognizable to just pretend to be dead.  There are 10 billion examples of celebrities talking about how people say, "You look just like..." That's not a plot hole.  A billionaire dying would last in someone's mind for a day and then they'd forget all about him. 

A Quiet Place - People have a problem with how they laid the sand down in the first place like are you ****ing kidding me? 

And the biggest one is Titanic.  Jack could have fit on the door.  Are you all literally braindead?  He got on there and the ****ing door started sinking.  Like how braindead are you to think that's a plot hole? 

TL;DR

Any plot hole you think there is there probably isn't.  Try me. 

Dark Knight:

How is it possible that Bruce Wayne was able to climb out of the hole in the prison? Is it because it was the point of the entire movie?

If Talia knew he was Batman, why did she just let him wander off with Lucius? Why didnt she kill him right then and there and end the movie 30 minutes into the film with an unsatisfactory plot.

Why didn't she blow up the bomb right then? Why all the theatrics? What is this, a movie?

source:

https://youtu.be/acYl2lpq1YI

I just watched The Lighthouse on Prime Video. I never thought a low-budget drama/horror film starring just two actors in one location (okay, two locations; the outside of the titular lighthouse) could work, but dammit, it did. Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson literally steal the show with ham performances and fun AF characters in a solid descent into madness tale. It's not a movie I would rewatch or own on Blu-Ray, but it was better than it had any right to be given the limited-scale concept. I'm under the impression that most anything with Willem Dafoe is worth watching. Oh and bonus points for the black and white.

I definitely look forward to seeing Pattinson as Batman (Battinson), provided he was just kidding about not working out and actually takes the role seriously (one can only hope).