What movie are you watching?

Forge

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

anyone see The Hunt?

is it funny or too try hard?

Have not.  Will wait until it’s on a streaming service.  Feel like it’s 40/60 with a 60% chance of poor concept AND poor delivery.  I’ve heard very little on whether or not it’s good or bad and I would feel better watching it if more people hated it.

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

new one

it’s your standard run-of-the-mill “most dangerous game” adaptation with some political undertones, but i didn’t find it as heavy handed or one-sided politically as a lot of the reviewers did (shocker)

probably worth a watch if you’re into that genre (human hunting action film)

The CGI in Gemini Man was off-putting but overall it was an enjoyable movie thanks to poor ratings making me expect nothing. It wasn’t memorable or groundbreaking in any way and would’ve been an okay middle of the pack movie if it had come out in 2007. 

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

it’s your standard run-of-the-mill “most dangerous game” adaptation with some political undertones, but i didn’t find it as heavy handed or one-sided politically as a lot of the reviewers did (shocker)

probably worth a watch if you’re into that genre (human hunting action film)

nah, i just want it to be funny

like Ready or Not

I finally watched Prometheus on Prime Video, now I know why it's so reviled/divisive. The problems are basically dumb characters, tons of unanswered questions, plot holes, rushed beginning. I won't try to spoil too much, but basically, some of the gaffes regarding plot in this movie boil down to running in a straight line and something-something having to do with black goo. It's too bad because you have amazing set designs and direction and some interesting concepts and good tension. So much wasted potential.

All-in-all, I wouldn't say it's a terrible movie, but pretty bland and mediocre. A well-made mess is the best word to describe it.

Oh, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Alien: Covenant answered ANY of the unanswered questions this movie asks.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, August4th said:

The Witches 3/5

wonder how kids handled this film..some really disturbing imagery for a PG film

Yeah, that movie freaked me out as a kid.  Hell, it probably would still if I watched it again.  I think if I met Anjeica Huston on the street I'd start screaming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, that movie freaked me out as a kid.  Hell, it probably would still if I watched it again.  I think if I met Anjeica Huston on the street I'd start screaming.

the makeup is the stuff of nightmares. I wished they kept the same ending as the book, but I can understand the change because the book version ends on a downer from what I heard

wonder how they'll pull off the remake with Anne Hathaway and Octavia Spencer. Zemeckis has been hit or miss lately.