What movie are you watching?

Forge

9 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Underwater

Gave me a serious cosmic high through the first 45 minutes until it devolved into crap for the final 45 minutes. 

I don't understand and will never understand how a horror movie can build tension so well only to hit a plateau halfway through and then completely level off towards the end. 

Underwater, to me, was exactly like The Cloverfield Paradox.  It did so well building tension and giving you a sense of WTF is going on only to completely level off. 

Event Horizon is the only movie to ever understand the concept that this type of horror should increase, become more WTF and get more terrifying as the story progresses rather than hitting a plateau and then descending into a valley. 

I’m watching Apostle.

I’m either going to love this movie or hate it based on how it ends.

Very dark, probably very bleak.  

Edit: Guess I was wrong.  I didn’t love it or hate it.  Didn’t like it, didn’t dislike it.  It was okay.  

Not the best, not the worst Netflix original, and better than a lot of horror options out there.  

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

however, none of the special features added in later are any good, especially the obvious greedo scene

I rewatched them on Disney+ a few weeks ago.  The added scenes stick out like a sore thumb and don't add any depth to the movies.  The Greedo scene is obvious, but the worst one for me is the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi.  The really fake looking beak just looks horrible and takes me out of the scene completely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theJ said:

I rewatched them on Disney+ a few weeks ago.  The added scenes stick out like a sore thumb and don't add any depth to the movies.  The Greedo scene is obvious, but the worst one for me is the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi.  The really fake looking beak just looks horrible and takes me out of the scene completely.

11 hours ago, Malfatron said:

The original Star Wars.

I love the pacing of the movie and world building

however, none of the special features added in later are any good, especially the obvious greedo scene

You're both really going to ignore Han Solo calling Jabba a wonderful human being?

That scene came from a deleted scene where Jabba looked like this:

declanmulholland_as_jabba.jpg