What movie are you watching?

Forge

Did Bullet Train tonight... straight garbage.. the last hour made me want to kill myself... 

and only 12.50 a ticket... yay

oh.... and $12.50 might be cheap to some... but I live in Columbus, Ohio.. so that for a **** movie sucks. 

Edited by fluhartz

10 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Did Bullet Train tonight... straight garbage.. the last hour made me want to kill myself... 

and only 12.50 a ticket... yay

oh.... and $12.50 might be cheap to some... but I live in Columbus, Ohio.. so that for a **** movie sucks. 

The theater I go to is decent and only costs $9 (total for ticket, popcorn, and a drink 😂)

• Like 1

Watched Prey and I’ll give it 7.5-8/10. Was a slow burn in the beginning that I think was needed, and once the predator shows up all hell breaks loose.

Action, cinematography, was great and they did a good job of the lead having to out smart the predator. Also her speaking English wasn’t a issue at all, and doesn’t take away from the film.

9 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Also her speaking English wasn’t a issue at all, and doesn’t take away from the film.

She spoke English for the benefit of the audience but I think it was hinted at that they spoke comanche and we just understood is as English. 

37 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Prey wasn’t bad. I like the Native American history focus. I’ve never seen a predator movie before, feel like these slimy alien guys would get a lot of fungal infections. 

What????????

You should watch the first one at least. One of the best action films ever IMO.

• Like 2

Watching Predator (1987). Wish me luck 

-kinda funny this is probably one of Schwarzenegger’s most significant and prominent roles but I didn’t even know he was in it. 
-lmao the muscley arm embrace meme thing was from this???

-I like that it’s not in your face about being a predator/alien movie. It comes off as a typical unsuspecting war movie in the beginning. 
-this movie is also before the tech explosion of the 90s and 00s where movie studios didn’t understand it but threw it in anyway. This movie isn’t pretending to be something it’s not (so far)

-helicopter is barely secured after crashing into a tree. Let’s all stand directly under it while he rappels up

-watching curiously to see if their jacked physique is necessary in taking the predator down or if they’ll just shoot him lol

-throws a sword into a dude and says “stick around” 😂

-so the boobie traps every 50 feet were only a thing until he fell for the first one then?

-not being able to remotely see your enemy if they had a bit of mud on them seems like a pretty paralyzing weakness 

-its heat detector keyed on his eyes as the brightest part of his face but with the mud on, his eyes don’t show up. Idk there, captain. 
-Predator is throwing dudes around like rag dolls. But I guess when he punches Arnold in the face he holds back?

-solid action movie, 8/10. Was far less goofy and gimmicky than I expected. 

Edited by Ty21
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, JohnChimpo said:

I can’t imagine anyone not liking that unless they don’t like action or sci fi.

I personally am biased on old action movies. Literally can’t even watch Rocky because the punches in it don’t even come close to connecting so it just looks stupid af

10 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I personally am biased on old action movies. Literally can’t even watch Rocky because the punches in it don’t even come close to connecting so it just looks stupid af

You might be the one that doesn’t like it then. If you don’t like Die Hard, Alien(s), or Terminator 1 or 2, you probably won’t like it. I’m not a huge Rocky guy either.

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

You might be the one that doesn’t like it then. If you don’t like Die Hard, Alien(s), or Terminator 1 or 2, you probably won’t like it. I’m not a huge Rocky guy either.

Of those I’ve only seen terminator 😂 i had a stunted childhood