What movie are you watching?

Forge

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I stand by my stance that it felt like a DC movie

You’re right, I feel that. I think I am only positive because the resounding negative reviews made me go in with the lowest possible expectations. Also because I didn’t spend money to see it lol

A couple older movies:

Terror Train(1980)a mad slasher kills college students on a train.  Good idea, very poor execution.  It's clearly obvious who the killer is, so why make it a mystery?  Even the scenes with David Copperfield wasn't all that interesting, and he was the best part of the movie.  No character development so there's no suspense or tension.  You don't care who lives or dies anyway.  0/10

Stone Cold(1991)Former linebacker Brian Bosworth as a cop(who doesn't play by the rules) goes undercover in a biker gang for the FBI.  Lance Henriksen plays a good villain, as does William Forsythe.  They're the reason to watch this.  Other than that, this is dumb, very dumb.  Nothing wrong with a loud dumb action movie, but no tension, action scenes for the sake of action scenes.  3/10

10 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Stone Cold(1991)Former linebacker Brian Bosworth as a cop(who doesn't play by the rules) goes undercover in a biker gang for the FBI.  Lance Henriksen plays a good villain, as does William Forsythe.  They're the reason to watch this.  Other than that, this is dumb, very dumb.  Nothing wrong with a loud dumb action movie, but no tension, action scenes for the sake of action scenes.  3/10

One of the greatest unintentional comedies of the 1990's.  Watched this with my college room mates while we were pre-gaming before going out one night and we laughed our ***** off.

• Like 1

I highly recommend Destroyer starring Nicole Kidman. Real crime noir drama where she plays successfully  against type as a hardened LAPD UC. It relies heavily on flashbacks and very effectively so. 

Spoiler

Her character takes not one but two brutal beatings which explains the final ending.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:57 PM, thrILL! said:

A velociraptor could’ve written a better screenplay for Jurassic World: Dominion

I'm feeling that.

It was just such a bad, bad plot.

But it was so nice seeing the two casts come together.

Like, it was a fun movie to watch so long as you didn't think at all.  Which I didn't.

So far I've seen these movies this summer....best to worst...

Maverick (by far the best), Dr. Strange MOM,  now there's a pretty big gap to Nope, then a small gap to Thor LAT, then a pretty big gap to Jurassic World: Dominion.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'm feeling that.

It was just such a bad, bad plot.

But it was so nice seeing the two casts come together.

It was really awesome seeing them return but I kept thinking “man, they deserve a better movie than this!”  lol.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

It was really awesome seeing them return but I kept thinking “man, they deserve a better movie than this!”  lol.  

No doubt.

"This is not about us."

Best line of the movie.  And it could relate to the movie.  Just throw dinosaurs up there and let them wander around and fight and it would have been just as good of a movie.

• Like 1