What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 8/6/2022 at 9:23 PM, JohnChimpo said:

I can’t imagine anyone not liking that unless they don’t like action or sci fi.

Besides being great sci-fi/action movies, lots of the great 80s actions movies are also great social commentaries, Predator included.

Prey was great. I loved it, and my wife who has never seen a Predator movie loved it as well. My one question- was this a technologically inferior Predator race just because it takes place chronologically prior to the Arnold movie, or did this Predator purposefully dial back his technology to make the fights more fair against the people of that time?

On 8/6/2022 at 11:24 PM, Outpost31 said:

So far the only complaint I have with Prey is the CGI of the animals.

Really wish they could have written a similar script without relying on animals.

You don’t do a low budget movie that needs animals that can’t be trained.

Either triple the budget or cut the animals.

Imagine saying this about the movie with the best movie dog in YEARS. Sarii is a very good boy.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Besides being great sci-fi/action movies, lots of the great 80s actions movies are also great social commentaries, Predator included.

Prey was great. I loved it, and my wife who has never seen a Predator movie loved it as well. My one question- was this a technologically inferior Predator race just because it takes place chronologically prior to the Arnold movie, or did this Predator purposefully dial back his technology to make the fights more fair against the people of that time?

It was a female predator. That’s my head canon. The technology aspect I don’t care about, but its look can’t be explained well by three hundred years in my opinion. That, or it was a different race of Predator.

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I thought Bullet Train was a very fun movie, but a little over the top at times. The few annoying parts didn’t take away from the movie for me though. Had a few laughs as well but wish they didn’t force some of the comedy. 

After watching this and a few other movies lately it’s made me think that every movie that comes out now is made to be watched once and try to make it as entertaining as possible for that one view. Instead of trying to make a classic movie that can be rewatched or appreciated more. Or it’s me IDK. 

I mostly agree with this. It was fun, and had some great callbacks but isn't something I ever need to watch again.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It was a female predator. That’s my head canon. The technology aspect I don’t care about, but its look can’t be explained well by three hundred years in my opinion. That, or it was a different race of Predator.

Based of the directors quotes it’s a male predator.

55 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Then why did it have a fan shield, huh?

From a interview with the director.

Trachtenberg revealed. "One is his shield, that you see briefly:

“So even his look is a little new, it's familiar, but new

Edited by Fresh Prince

Prey was awesome.  Naru(Amber Midthunder) was great.  It's her story, and she's an interesting character that you can get behind and root for.  I also liked how the predator's weapons were scaled back, no plasma cannons or anything like that.  It's well directed, and little if any shaky cam, you can tell what's going on during the fights and action scenes.  I'll need to watch this one again  8/10

Doctor Strange 2 was fun.  It's a Marvel movie, so it's suppose to be fun(unlike Morbius) Neat action scenes, funny at times, this is pure entertainment.  7/10

On 8/5/2022 at 1:08 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Going to watch Prey tonight. Hope it doesn't suck.

I have to say I enjoyed it. Initial impression was higher but after stewing for a few days I think it was a solid movie, 7/10 and one I could see myself rewatching in the future, but not iconic. Liked some elements and scenes, especially seeing the red lasers and expecting the cannon... and then getting the metal rods instead was very nice. But at the same time felt like the protagonist had some serious plot armor on at times. Would have loved to see more Comanche hunting party fighting the Predator.