What movie are you watching?

Forge

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I haven't seen it yet, but was Nope really that bad?

anytime you get such disparity between critic reviews and audience reviews, yes. It’s really that bad.

Peele is going way off the pretentious spectrum and if he doesn’t try to make fun and entertaining and instead tries to make deep and complex, he will fail.

Excellently made though.

32 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I haven't seen it yet, but was Nope really that bad?

I saw it last night.

I thought it was meh.  As in okay.  Take it or leave it.  My wife?  LOVED IT!

There is a very unique twist in there and it does work.

Just a lot of the movie is up for interpretation.

I'd say it is worth seeing.  But it is not a "must see" movie.  I've read things that say you HAVE to watch it on the biggest screen possible.  I don't feel that is true.

That being said, I did like the little things.  Peele does such a great job shooting a movie.  Backgrounds, mirror images...etc.  With this thing I was constantly looking around the screen.

The map of tiny perfect things. 7/10. It’s kinda ironic that all the “live one day on repeat” movies are the same. I didn’t hate it but it wasn’t really memorable. My one complaint tho is you can’t have people playing video games but doing it unrealistically. Girl was playing a shooter and didn’t hit the right trigger once. C’mon bro 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Going to watch Prey tonight. Hope it doesn't suck.

I swore I would never get my hopes up for another Predator movie ever again after Shane Black’s abomination that I won’t even dignify with a title, but…

The movie had a 6.5 on IMDB with 600 some votes (critics), and it jumped all the way up to a 7.2 at 6,000 votes.

That… Doesn’t happen. That never happens.

I am going to check it out soon, but I feel like it’s going to be a serious crowd pleaser, equal to or greater than Predators.

I am cautiously optimistic and I can’t help it.

Jurassic Park and Scream are the two franchises where I don't care how bad the "film" aspect may be since I'm just going to fanboy and turn my brain off and be entertained. I love every single movie from each franchise and it has nothing to do with the quality of them lol.

• Like 1

My wife is watching Prey now.  I hadn’t heard much about it tbh but the concept looks cool.  Pretty gnarly fight sequences. Lots of blood.  Predator picking on outgunned opponents as usual.  Doesn’t go well for the humans lol. 

And then Native American Aubrey Plaza opened her mouth and spoke English. And not even 17th century English but American English lol.  I saw enough lol. 

Edited by thrILL!

I’m very disappointed with Uncharted before I even started it, solely for Nathan Drake’s casting. I like Tom Holland but he is such a bad pick. I really wish they’d found a mid 35-40 or so year old actor to play him. Sully should’ve been a Sean Connery type too. Hope the movie impresses me purely in action cause I figure the story and acting won’t blow me away 

Edit 1: heck even marky mark might’ve been a better fit for Nathan Drake lol. Should’ve gotten Nathan Filion or Nolan North 

edit 2: he has a Supreme sticker on his luggage…? …really?

edit 3: if there isn’t a scene where the screen turns to black and white and Nathan Drake falls hundreds of feet to his actual death after he tries a jump and his brother doesn’t yell “no Nathan! Oh my god!” I’m going to riot 

Edit 4: also if Nathan Drake doesn’t kill thousands of people in this like the games, I riot 

edit 5: Nathan not standing silently for 8 minutes straight as someone googles “uncharted puzzle crypt solution” is really taking me out of the immersion 

edit 6: shameless Papa Johns product placement 

edit 7: having each other’s GPS location on their phones definitely won’t come back to bite them 

edit 8: Sully had the drop on the bad girl but took his eyes off her to pick something up as if it wouldn’t give her a chance to get the upper hand. But I can’t complain too much cause that kind of stuff happened all the time in the games. 
Edit 9: a slit throat=instant death 

edit 10: really kinda wish they hadn’t gone with the annoying Australian accent chick for his love interest 

edit 11: *finds gold* Sully: “it’s almost more than we thought!” does that mean it’s the amount they were expecting then…?

edit 12: so they have a ship worth 4-6B, so they decide to…fly it out…? A helicopter then can lift an entire pirate ship? Now the one helicopter ship is trying to take the other out because why?

edit 13: it almost holds true to Uncharted games in that they don’t really get the treasure in the end

edit 14: only a dozen or so people died from them, instead of 1000.

6.5/10. Wouldn’t mind a sequel 

Edited by Ty21

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

And then Native American Aubrey Plaza opened her mouth and spoke English. And not even 17th century English but American English lol.  I saw enough lol. 

This is embarrassing for you.

As well as anybody that points this out as any sort of detriment to a movie.

Suspend your disbelief for one second and enjoy the ease of understanding. I will watch a movie with subtitles before I watch any kind of dubbed movie because I like hearing the acting from the actors on the screen, not a voice over and I’ll never complain about needing subtitles, but at the same time…

It’s an American movie made for an American audience. It offers a Comanche dub. To make the movie in Comanche and dub it in English would deter viewers. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

This isn’t fairytale idealist world, this is reality where movies are made for money.

Judge the movie for legit reasons, not because they chose to make the movie in English.

Did you complain about Gladiator being spoken in English? Pretty crazy how Hobbits from a different world spoke English, right? I was also disappointed when the lions in The Lion King spoke English instead of their natural LION.

• Like 2