What movie are you watching?

Forge

Heart of Stone on Netflix isn't anything special.  It felt like a low rent James Bond flick with the story going from London to Istanbul to Iceland.   Lots of action scenes, very little character development.  Even the villain was boring, just a power hungry guy who wants a device that can destroy the world.  I was a little surprised that the action scene on the blimp(in the trailer) isn't the final action scene(although there is a poor Point Break 'homage' after that)  This movie is just something to watch.  5/10

.jpg

The more I rewatch all the Batman movies, the more I am convinced that Batman Begins is the best of the lot, and it's not particularly close for me.  Ledger gives a terrific individual performance in The Dark Knight but as a whole, give me Batman Begins 10 times out of 10.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

.jpg

The more I rewatch all the Batman movies, the more I am convinced that Batman Begins is the best of the lot, and it's not particularly close for me.  Ledger gives a terrific individual performance in The Dark Knight but as a whole, give me Batman Begins 10 times out of 10.

Great movie and I wouldn't argue with anyone liking any of the three the most.

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight Rises

In that order for me, but I love all of them

4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Great movie and I wouldn't argue with anyone liking any of the three the most.

The Dark Knight

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight Rises

In that order for me, but I love all of them

Rises is a clear step down from the first two, but it's still a movie I very much enjoy.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

Batman (1989)
The Dark Knight Rises

Batman Returns
The Batman

Batman Forever
Batman (1966)

Batman and Robin

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Rises is a clear step down from the first two, but it's still a movie I very much enjoy.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight

Batman (1989)
The Dark Knight Rises

Batman Returns
The Batman

Batman Forever
Batman (1966)

Batman and Robin

great order.. Agreed that Batman 89 is great too..

Batman Forever and Batman and Robin probably shouldn't have been made.

16 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

kpjr68-16movbatman3large.jpg?w=620

Batman Begins yesterday, The Dark Knight today.  I'm doubling down on Batman Begins as the best of the franchise.  TDK has some great individual spots, but start to finish BB just flows much better and is more narratively taught.

I honestly can't argue that at all.. Maybe it is the Ledger thing for me, he was just so awesome in that movie.

The Dark Knight- Ledger performance and a great movie

Batman Begins- Best story getting it all started and a great movie

Dark Knight Rises.. Probably one of my favorite opening scenes of any movie and a good reveal.. Great movie just not on the level of the first two. 

41 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I honestly can't argue that at all.. Maybe it is the Ledger thing for me, he was just so awesome in that movie.

The Dark Knight- Ledger performance and a great movie

Batman Begins- Best story getting it all started and a great movie

Dark Knight Rises.. Probably one of my favorite opening scenes of any movie and a good reveal.. Great movie just not on the level of the first two. 

That's pretty much where i'm at, just BB edges out TDK for me.