What movie are you watching?

Forge

Renfield is not good. I am very disappointed. Feel like they couldn't quite figure out which way to go with it. They didn't do enough for it to be a dark comedy or comedy, and it's not an action flick even though there are plot mechanics and direction that try to make it that.

I think the choice was the dark comedy route

So Hulu has all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies on it right now. My wife and I were like oh we haven’t seen these in like 20 years so why not. Started with the first one and we were like damn this is really fun why I haven’t I watched this again. My wife was actually going to go up to bed and stayed down and watched the entire movie with me. Then last night we watched the second one, Dead Man’s Chest, good lord that was a slog.  Probably one of the biggest drop offs in quality from first movie in a trilogy to the next. I actually fell asleep twice during the movie because it was so boring. Absolutely no plot, it was just one big action set to the next, none of the characters had and real coherent motivations to be doing what they were doing. Also they shoehorned some unnecessary love triangle between captain jack and the other two that no one asked for. Awful awful movie.  Not sure if we are going to proceed with the rest of the movies. 

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So Hulu has all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies on it right now. My wife and I were like oh we haven’t seen these in like 20 years so why not. Started with the first one and we were like damn this is really fun why I haven’t I watched this again. My wife was actually going to go up to bed and stayed down and watched the entire movie with me. Then last night we watched the second one, Dead Man’s Chest, good lord that was a slog.  Probably one of the biggest drop offs in quality from first movie in a trilogy to the next. I actually fell asleep twice during the movie because it was so boring. Absolutely no plot, it was just one big action set to the next, none of the characters had and real coherent motivations to be doing what they were doing. Also they shoehorned some unnecessary love triangle between captain jack and the other two that no one asked for. Awful awful movie.  Not sure if we are going to proceed with the rest of the movies. 

I watched them all like a few days after my transplant. The last one is an actual fever dream

3 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I watched them all like a few days after my transplant. The last one is an actual fever dream

I remember watching the first Lord of The Rings movie for the first time after I had my wisdom teeth removed. That is a trippy movie to be watching on painkillers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I remember watching the first Lord of The Rings movie for the first time after I had my wisdom teeth removed. That is a trippy movie to be watching on painkillers. 

In my experience, the two worst movies to watch when you’re knackered are Pink Floyd’s The Wall and A Quiet Place lol

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I wouldn’t even watch the rest to be honest. They just get worse in quality.

19 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Its not very funny. The best scene so far is the the blind guy listing off all the dead stuff.

I know its popular but its just not for me

Boo this man!!

Holy Hell is Fast X terrible. Would’ve shut it off about 4 different times, if I wasn’t watching it with my brother.

On 9/15/2023 at 7:49 PM, Malfatron said:

Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Its not very funny. The best scene so far is the the blind guy listing off all the dead stuff.

I know its popular but its just not for me

How do you know she’s a witch! She looks like one!

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I probably turned it off before then.

I also enjoyed the bridge crossing scene, but otherwise nah

There are definitely comedies that worked before that fall flat these days (like Date Night) but there is a comfort in knowing no matter how bad they become after time, nothing will ever be as bad as Entertainment.