What movie are you watching?

Forge

Finally got around to watching Bad Boys For Life, and while the first half was a bit of a mess, it really did a nice job of coming together in the second half of the movie and ended up pretty entertaining and a lot of fun. It's probably the funniest one of the first three, but still brought some heart to it as well.  I'll have to watch Bad Boys Ride or Die once it hits streaming 

I thought Aliens was really fun.  Not really my type of movie, but it was a great 80s/90s Hollywood Action movie.  I could see why some like it more than Alien, it's really a different genre.  For me personally, I like the slower, minimalistic, atmospheric types of movies without the fluff....it just feels more real and visceral to me.  I give Alien like a 8.5 and Aliens like a 7.5/8.  

I could only imagine how much of a blast Aliens must've been in the theatres back in the day.  Really fun. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I thought Aliens was really fun.  Not really my type of movie, but it was a great 80s/90s Hollywood Action movie.  I could see why some like it more than Alien, it's really a different genre.  For me personally, I like the slower, minimalistic, atmospheric types of movies without the fluff....it just feels more real and visceral to me.  I give Alien like a 8.5 and Aliens like a 7.5/8.  

I could only imagine how much of a blast Aliens must've been in the theatres back in the day.  Really fun. 

Alien 3 is definitely more of an Alien vibe

A Bronx Tale is a great film.  A teenage boy living in the Bronx in the 60s gets life long lessons from two different men, his father(Robert De Niro who also directed)  and a mob boss(Chazz Palminteri based on his play)  His father has an honest job, makes an honest living, and wants nothing to do with the gangsters.  At one point, he tells his son if the gangsters can get up everyday to make an honest living.  At another point, he asks Sonny the gangster if it's better to be loved or feared, and his answer has some insight to it.  If this movie is on, you watch it, it a great underrated gem.  Infinity/10