What movie are you watching?

Forge

I saw Horizon at the theatre and enjoyed it and will see the second one in August. I am neither a Costner or huge Western fan but enjoy good cinema.

I have since wanted to watch and re-watch some older Spaghetti Westerns.

Once Upon a Time in the West is free on YouTube right now. Classic with good acting. Opening is fantastic. Bronson, Ford, Robards are excellent.

A Fistful of Dollars was a re-watch and another classic. Eastwood at his finest. I will probably finish watching the trilogy in the next week or so.

So For a Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly are on tap.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Enjoyed it

Billing it as one of the scariest movies will leave some disappointed, but as a 90s-ish serial killer movie it had the feel of Silence of the Lambs or a Seven. I think both of those are better movies obviously, as they are classics. But it was a memorable attempt to emulate those and kinda do their own thing with modern visual horror imagery.

It kind of gave me true detective season 1 vibes

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I saw Horizon at the theatre and enjoyed it and will see the second one in August. I am neither a Costner or huge Western fan but enjoy good cinema.

I have since wanted to watch and re-watch some older Spaghetti Westerns.

Once Upon a Time in the West is free on YouTube right now. Classic with good acting. Opening is fantastic. Bronson, Ford, Robards are excellent.

A Fistful of Dollars was a re-watch and another classic. Eastwood at his finest. I will probably finish watching the trilogy in the next week or so.

So For a Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly are on tap.

I really liked it too. Unfortunately because of its box office performance the 2nd has been pulled from theaters in August.

• Like 1

Twisters idk how I feel the acting in it was bad for alot of times throughout the movie. But the story and visuals were much better than the first. If the acting was better I'd score it real well. With the acting I score it like a 6.5 or a 7 out of 10 depending on my mood. The first I gave a 7/10 to this one should be significantly better but isn't imo.

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Insane that Gus from BB was in The Usual Suspects

I didnt even realize that until ealier this year

He's a riot in King of New York

On 5/3/2024 at 10:53 PM, Malfatron said:

Top alltime favorite movies off the top of my head

1 Return of The Living Dead

2 The Toxic Avenger

3 cannibal: the musical

4 in bruges

5 seven psychopaths

6  vampire kiss

7 one cut of the dead

8 cabin in the woods

9 little shop of horrors

10 the menu

12 freddy got fingered

13 wet hot american summer

14 tremors

15 inglourious basterds

15. gremlins 2

16. Turbo Kid

I recently rewatched freddy got fingered and while good still, it definitely isnt in my top 20 anymore. 

Heres my current top 20

2. Burn After Reading

3. seven psychopaths

4. The Toxic Avenger

5 cannibal: the musical

6  in bruges

7. vampire kiss

8 cabin in the woods

9 the menu

10 one cut of the dead

11 turbo kid

12 better off dead

13 tremors

14. wet hot american summer

15 fargo

16 inglourious basterds

17  kill bill 1/2

18 the world's end

19 Terminator 2

20. Youre Next

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I recently rewatched freddy got fingered and while good still, it definitely isnt in my top 20 anymore. 

Heres my current top 20

2. Burn After Reading

3. seven psychopaths

4. The Toxic Avenger

5 cannibal: the musical

6  in bruges

7. vampire kiss

8 cabin in the woods

9 the menu

10 one cut of the dead

11 turbo kid

12 better off dead

13 tremors

14. wet hot american summer

15 fargo

16 inglourious basterds

17  kill bill 1/2

18 the world's end

19 fargo

20. Youre Next

you have fargo listed twice. And if you enjoyed the menu watch what you wish for go in blind though trailer gives a lot away 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

you have fargo listed twice. And if you enjoyed the menu watch what you wish for go in blind though trailer gives a lot away 

Tx, i fixed it

I will check that suggestion out

Edited by Malfatron

Monkey Man is a typical revenge thriller.  You've seen this movie hundreds of times before.  Not great, but not horrible.  It's something to watch if there's nothing to do.  6/10

Abigail was fun.  A group of would-be criminals kidnap a 12 year old ballerina thinking they'll get a big payday.  What they don't know is that she's also a vampire.  The banter between the criminals was good, and there's a lot of blood and gore.  If you like vampire movies, this is a must see.  7/10

44 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

Monkey Man is a typical revenge thriller.  You've seen this movie hundreds of times before.  Not great, but not horrible.  It's something to watch if there's nothing to do.  6/10

Abigail was fun.  A group of would-be criminals kidnap a 12 year old ballerina thinking they'll get a big payday.  What they don't know is that she's also a vampire.  The banter between the criminals was good, and there's a lot of blood and gore.  If you like vampire movies, this is a must see.  7/10

Monkey man I loved bc how well shot it is and the cinematography I definitely think it was above average. 

Abigail I would of loved so much more if the marketing didn't spoil that she was a vampire but I do agree it is quiet good.

Edited by thebestever6

hqdefault.jpg

I hadn't watched Deadpool 2 in a while, and I kind of forgot how much better the humor hits in this one.  The first 75% of the movie i'd call better than the first, but the last act gets reaaaaaaal clunky.  Still a fun watch though.

movies-the-equalizer-superJumbo.jpg

The Equalizer has one of the better bad *** lines in recent memory.  "He's not asking for help, he's asking for permission".  Haven't seen this for a while but remembered liking it.  Pretty sure I've seen the second, but know I haven't seen the third.  Will probably go through the next couple.