The Raider Depreciation Thread 📉

RaidersAreOne

On 9/2/2024 at 6:00 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea I hope whenever I go to a game in Vegas it’s kinda similar to the Oakland days

i feel like its getting better, but not remotely close to Oakland. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He was insulted by playing in the 2022 HoF Game? 

I mean, I don't agree with Josh McDaniels on many things, but I do here. 

Jacobs was coming off of 2021 season where he missed time and took until week 15 to crack 100 yards, while only breaking 75 yards 4 times, Jacobs was already talking about an extension, had a history of slow starts and questions about his effort, and we were installing a new offense. 

Considering Jacobs played all year for the first time and had a career year in yards, per carry average, touchdowns, and receiving yards, it worked. I said before Josh McDaniels could squeeze 1000 yards from a rock. He did, and Jacobs looked focused and determined. 

But apparently he was miffed and had a down year again in 2023? Dude chases the easiest bag he can get for the least amount of work and scrutiny possible. When he's motivated to play hard, he does. He apparently doesn't like being motivated, it seems. 

Josh McDaniels didn't do much of anything right while he was here. He handled Jacobs the right way though. Jacobs himself seems to be his biggest obstacle. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gotta bring back the black hole it’s just not the same without it. 

Tough one. 

Part of me says "Hell yeah, bring it back". 

Part of me is so adamantly Oakland that I say "It'd be a cheap Vegas knock off, so don't try". 

I still tell people they're the Oakland Raiders taking up residency in Las Vegas. I don't think I'll ever fully embrace the Vegas part. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gotta bring back the black hole it’s just not the same without it. 

The Black Hole represented the blue collar nature of Oakland. That's long gone. 

I find myself less and less interested in the Vegas Raiders. The vibe is not what I grew up with. It's all corporate now. The stadium is a joke. There is no home field advantage. It's a playground for opposing fans. Bottle service, DJ's and overpriced concessions. It feels soulless.

Feels like the movie version of the franchise if that makes any sense.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I find myself less and less interested in the Vegas Raiders. The vibe is not what I grew up with. It's all corporate now. The stadium is a joke. There is no home field advantage. It's a playground for opposing fans. Bottle service, DJ's and overpriced concessions. It feels soulless.

I think that can be said for a lot of NFL teams. Blue collar types are getting priced out everywhere. More Raiders fans need to show up, I think it’ll take some time. Winning would also help. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I still tell people they're the Oakland Raiders taking up residency in Las Vegas. I don't think I'll ever fully embrace the Vegas part. 

I usually just call them The Raiders. It's either Oakland Raiders or that. Even in LA I called them the Raiders more than the other. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Having been in the black hole "club" (I have friends around the team) a few times, I'm not impressed. It's a beautiful stadium, but I can't help but miss the nostalgia of OCO. Especially the tailgates and the good wins.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Tough one. 

Part of me says "Hell yeah, bring it back". 

Part of me is so adamantly Oakland that I say "It'd be a cheap Vegas knock off, so don't try". 

Oakland/ cal fans are just different and most I know won’t go to Vegas until it’s a better product. We lost a lil edge moving to Vegas 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This frfr black hole was part of the culture and people had to respect it or I seen what happened when they didn’t. It’s just no respect now

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

I think that can be said for a lot of NFL teams. Blue collar types are getting priced out everywhere. More Raiders fans need to show up, I think it’ll take some time. Winning would also help. 

And less inflation. If I have to choose between going to a game and making sure I have enough $$$ for groceries, I know what I'm choosing.

Man I remember yelling Rrrrraaaaiiiiiddddeerrrssss walking into Allegiant for the first time and other Raiders fans looking at me like I was nuts I knew then it was different. It’s gotten better as people are catching on, AP definitely helped. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Oakland/ cal fans are just different and most I know won’t go to Vegas until it’s a better product. We lost a lil edge moving to Vegas 

Yep. 

My interest in Vegas is marginal at best, and I LOVE blackjack. I'll go to Detroit and Windsor, even Springfield, MA before Vegas though. I've lived in tourist traps before and they really don't appeal to me. 

I'm not anti-Vegas, and I am definitely a Raiders fan  I'm also not anti-Pete Davidson and love me some Kate Beckinsale. Doesn't mean I liked their relationship lol.