Week 2 GDT: Baltimore @ Houston

lumberjackchris

3 minutes ago, Drained said:

Had enough of this. I want us to absolutely lose this season. I don't want us to have a winning record, I don't care. If we're getting absolutely blown out by the Ravens and Chiefs now, then its pointless winning another AFCS title, giving Bill another year and getting trounced in the playoffs in classic Texans style. 

If it means a year of us losing a ton, I really do not mind. It's better than being stuck like the Cowboys got with Jason Garrett. Deshaun Watson is a good player, Bill O'Brien is a bad coach, Tim Kelly is a bad coach, the Texans have nothing but bad coaches.

I am there with you. I hope we go 0-16

• Like 3

I can't imagine how hard it'll be for a new GM and HC to absolutely clean the house and rinse the OB sweat from the Texans, he has infected every single pore of this franchise with some kind of "guy", that's why we never poach from other teams, we just promote endlessly. We have former Texans in coaching positions (though I wont complain) and people STILL left over from OB's days at Penn State in our coaching tree (Tim Kelly is a notable one here... he has literally never been experienced in any other offense than the Texans. No wonder hes BoB-lite)

The real question is, why does Cal feel so ready to fire Brian Gaine who btw, had a good time here if we count the fact BoB was probably trying to undermine him and we also compare Gaine's free agency to BoB's mess of a FA this season, yet Cal is letting BoB off the hook? I'm beginning to doubt the seat is as cold as we think it is. No WC win this season, BoB gone by 2022.

3 hours ago, Drained said:

BoB should be in the doghouse with the players

I actually think he is. Guys are just going through the motions, there's no discipline or urgency. That's usually a sign that the team is tuning everything out.

That's good for the endgame here, firing YOLO BoB...

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I actually think if anyone can do it, you guys can. Two really tough first games. You guys are talented and can do some things. I'll be honest though. That coach has to go.. 

As weird as it is to say - I don't want that. It'll be another feather in the cap of YOLO BoB, another empty division title or playoff berth he can point to on his resume.

To save this village, you're going to have to burn it down...

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Especially this season. The schedule gets much easier after week 3 and there are 7 teams that make the playoffs this year. 

I always forget this. It's pretty much a lock at this point, we're a top half team in a pretty watered down AFC.

- Buffalo, Tennessee, Baltimore, KC should be the division winners.

- I think Pittsburgh has a good chance at a WC, New England has a good chance at a WC.

- That means Houston is really competing with LAC, Oakland, Denver, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Miami, NYJ, Indianapolis and Jacksonville for that final spot. Jacksonville might be the only one of these teams that gives me worry. Maybe Oakland, but I don't expect Carr to play at a very high level for long. LAC could surprise if Herbert gets the start and continues to improve. Indianapolis is possible, but Rivers looks done out there. Cincinnati, Cleveland and Miami could surprise but they're probably a few years away from that point. Denver is DOA. NYJ is DOA. 

So, it's on the table. It'll be as the #7 and it'll probably mean a game vs Baltimore or KC as the #2 seed, so it's a blowout waiting to happen - but to BoB, Jack and Cal, it's another banner in the rafters.