Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

For anyone still really trying to defend Jameis Winston, consider this.

Dude has the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the league as well as a top 10 TE in OJ Howard, yet he's still as consistent as static on a radio.

OJ Howard is not a Top 10 TE. Not even sure he cracks the Top half of the league so far. Not all on him but still.

Has Michael Thomas cemented himself as a Top 5 Reciever now?

I'm so confused as to how Mason Rudolph keeps QB'ing to wins watching him, Steelers D is doing well recently.

If Mike Evans can manage 55 yards receiving within the next five weeks, he'll be the youngest player to reach 7,000 yards.

Larry Fitzgerald was 26 years and 111 days old. Mike will be 26 years and 81 days old this Sunday against the Cardinals. Would be pretty cool if he could do it playing against Fitz's Cardinals.

Mike also needs 158 yards to reach 1,000 for the season. He'd be only the second player in NFL history to reach 1,000+ yards in each of his first six seasons. Randy Moss is the only player to have ever done it.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:24 PM, Danger said:

For anyone still really trying to defend Jameis Winston, consider this.

Dude has the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the league as well as a top 10 TE in OJ Howard, yet he's still as consistent as static on a radio.

He also helms one of the best offenses in the league. An offense that has been top 10 for like the last three years, including a totally new offense this year.

I'm fine with letting him walk. The meltdown games of four/five/six turnovers are ridiculous. You can't expect to make the playoffs when you're giving up three or four games every year to an abundance of turnovers.

Also worth noting, our defense averages over 26 ppg (26.17) allowed since we drafted him. The average scoring of all 32 teams so far this year is 22.6.

23.3 in 2018.

21.7 in 2017.

22.7 in 2016.

21.8 in 2015.

Comparing QB rating of 100+ and wins as of May 2018:

Tom Brady: 111-7

Drew Brees: 92-24

Eli Manning: 40-18

Ben Roethlisberger: 73-9

Philip Rivers: 71-15

Matt Ryan: 57-10

Joe Flacco: 40-6

Aaron Rodgers: 67-12

Matt Stafford: 32-9

You get the idea.

Jameis Winston's career: 12-11

Even when he does play well, we lose. So it probably doesn't matter who we have at QB.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jameis Winston's career: 12-11

Even when he does play well, we lose. So it probably doesn't matter who we have at QB.

I agree that he's not your long term answer still don't view that as a round 1 need more day 2 on.

How's his oline ?? Be honest because you can have top 10 weapons if the oline isn't there it means very little.

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I agree that he's not your long term answer still don't view that as a round 1 need more day 2 on.

How's his oline ?? Be honest because you can have top 10 weapons if the oline isn't there it means very little.

The left side (Donovan Smith, Ali Marpet, Ryan Jensen) has been solid. The right side has been less than stellar.

Dotson is about done and probably needs to retire. Cappa has his moments at RG. And both have missed games.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The left side (Donovan Smith, Ali Marpet, Ryan Jensen) has been solid. The right side has been less than stellar.

Dotson is about done and probably needs to retire. Cappa has his moments at RG. And both have missed games.

So you need a rt first so OJ Howard can actually be featured in the passing attack then groom Winston's replacement. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

So you need a rt first so OJ Howard can actually be featured in the passing attack then groom Winston's replacement. 

BA says drafting oline is drafting for the next HC. I'd be all for it. But I doubt it happens.

And I don't know what to do with Howard. He's had opportunities. He runs routes. He's had the ball thrown to him. But he blocks pretty well and BA doesn't utilize TEs that much.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

BA says drafting oline is drafting for the next HC. I'd be all for it. But I doubt it happens.

And I don't know what to do with Howard. He's had opportunities. He runs routes. He's had the ball thrown to him. But he blocks pretty well and BA doesn't utilize TEs that much.

Well where do you go in the draft ? If you address line in free agency, you already have your inline te, wrs, Mike, Nose Tackle. Do you go corner that high? 

Or do you trade up for Burrow? Herbert?

Maybe Jeudy or Lamb?

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Well where do you go in the draft ? If you address line in free agency, you already have your inline te, wrs, Mike, Nose Tackle. Do you go corner that high? 

Or do you trade up for Burrow? Herbert?

Maybe Jeudy or Lamb?

No idea.

We need pass rushers. Barrett is really all we have. And he, JPP, and Nassib are all FAs after the season. We're gonna lose one of JPP/Nassib. Maybe both.

Vea can push the entire pocket by himself but we have him take up gaps instead. Suh's a FA. Gholston could be a cap casualty despite playing pretty well this year.

Our secondary needs experience. Throwing more rookies back there probably doesn't do much but extend the growing pains. Davis, Dean, and SMB have all had great games this year as well as stinkers. Whitehead has been pretty good at safety, with his share of mistakes. But they have to cover for such a long time that it doesn't matter when they play well.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

We need pass rushers. Barrett is really all we have. And he, JPP, and Nassib are all FAs after the season. We're gonna lose one of JPP/Nassib. Maybe both.

How much money is your organization prepared to dump into pass rushers though??

I see a guy like Simmons from Clemson for the Bucs round 1. Put speed around White and a couple upgrades in the secondary and the defense is dangerous.