Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Our O is starting to really click. Gruden has done an awesome job and Carr has totally bought in. 

Before the season there were some big questions about the future of:

• Carr (only 5 million dead cap next year if he does not lock it up with Gruden this year)
  • Dalton (almost no dead cap this year so easy to move on plus new coach)
  • Mariota (5th year)
  • Winston (5th year)

At least Carr has solidified his status. He is putting up career high numbers in almost everything but TD %.

7 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

no way in hell Bucs are top 8..   is this for only week 8 or the full season so far?   They have been demolished by any respectable D line (49ers, Saints, Panthers).    They did do well against Titans but the DL  imo isn't that great.

Eh. We still have our moments of wondering whether or not we actually have five guys out there. But I think they've done a decent job so far this year.

There are holes for RBs more often than not (especially compared to the last few years). And Jameis has moments of running for his life (he's also stepped into a ton of sacks this year for some reason), but overall I think he's mostly had time to go through progressions.

I dunno about top 10. But it's hard to be one of the best offenses in the league without at least a decent line.

Imagine this offense without all the ******* turnovers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eh. We still have our moments of wondering whether or not we actually have five guys out there. But I think they've done a decent job so far this year.

There are holes for RBs more often than not (especially compared to the last few years). And Jameis has moments of running for his life (he's also stepped into a ton of sacks this year for some reason), but overall I think he's mostly had time to go through progressions.

I dunno about top 10. But it's hard to be one of the best offenses in the league without at least a decent line.

Imagine this offense without all the ******* turnovers.

Rams couldn’t touch Jamie’s that game. Was mad as heck. 

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Rams couldn’t touch Jamie’s that game. Was mad as heck. 

We've given up like 15 sacks in the last three games. But I think Jameis has dropped back and almost immediately run into at least half of them. For whatever reason.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Baker Mayfield is essentially the 2019 QB Version of Karl Marx.

@LETSGOBROWNIES @Malfatron @ramssuperbowl99 @Thelonebillsfan @pwny any QB insight on his future if this continues?

Probably just continue securing the means of production and power to the people?

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Baker Mayfield is essentially the 2019 QB Version of Karl Marx.

@LETSGOBROWNIES @Malfatron @ramssuperbowl99 @Thelonebillsfan @pwny any QB insight on his future if this continues?

So Russell Wilson is the guy who makes your cookouts weird because every time there's a lull in conversation he goes "you know there's no gold behind our money anymore right". And Josh Rosen is the CEO for Nestle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So Russell Wilson is the guy who makes your cookouts weird because every time there's a lull in conversation he goes "you know there's no gold behind our money anymore right". And Josh Rosen is the CEO for Nestle.

At least Sam Darnold and Josh Allen are essentially pacifists that want equality (Gandhi and Mandella).

I'm still in the boat that until they provide the formula QBR is the dumbest "Stat" that people keep spouting. My own personal QB formula is on a scale of .1 to 69 at the highest. 

Tom Brady - 60

Aaron Rodgers - 69

Kirk Cousins - .2 

Mitch Trubisky - .0000002 (I know I said the scale was .1 to 69 but that is just the math people)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I'm still in the boat that until they provide the formula QBR is the dumbest "Stat" that people keep spouting.

There are ways to see if a statistic is value added or not without knowing the exact formula. For example stuff that's a thousand differential equations that you have to solve numerically with a computer, nobody is going to be able to simplify that to a standard algebraic formula, but those models are still very valuable.

You just take a bunch of previous data, split it into a test sample (e.g. future performance) and validation sample (e.g. past performance), then you see how well that stat does. So you could do this with QBR, total QBR, QB rating, etc. etc. The more predictive the stat is using previous data, the more likely it will predict better using future data.

That's how most baseball stats work. So FIP predicted better than ERA, xFIP predicted better than FIP, and dRA predicted better than xFIP. Here's BP doing that exercise when they introduced DRA:

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/26195/prospectus-feature-introducing-deserved-run-average-draand-all-its-friends/ 

18 hours ago, SkippyX said:

It can't be just week 8 because Dallas was on a bye.

No way is Philly that good on o-line this year. Wentz has been running for his life.

They were great in week 8, but not that good all year long.

Week 4 they showed up. Even last week they were pretty meh.

45 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I'm still in the boat that until they provide the formula QBR is the dumbest "Stat" that people keep spouting. My own personal QB formula is on a scale of .1 to 69 at the highest. 

Tom Brady - 60

Aaron Rodgers - 69

Kirk Cousins - .2 

Mitch Trubisky - .0000002 (I know I said the scale was .1 to 69 but that is just the math people)

QBR is closer to the Dunk Contest than it is a legit statistic. I don't remember who it was, but multiple posters here before have said that ESPN changed someone's QBR days later after a game because it seemed so poorly graded compared to the opposing QB's performance.

• Like 1