Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Or he’s just been a lunatic since the Burfict hit. 

Someone made a list of all his “issues”. I’ll try to find it. One before the Burfict hit in 2014. Like 40+ after starting a month after that hit. 

I posted a list in the AB thread.

It could be pointed out that the issues came after a huge payday and his ego grew. 

11 hours ago, ravishingone said:

So whose chucking the ball down the field this season?

I think that’s stupid because in many instances Goff leads Kupp to free space. You’re essentially punishing a QB for leading his WR not only into safety but allowing him not to break his stride. #hatersgonnahate

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I think that’s stupid because in many instances Goff leads Kupp to free space. You’re essentially punishing a QB for leading his WR not only into safety but allowing him not to break his stride. #hatersgonnahate

As Cliche as it sounds, you often need to just use the eye test when judging quarterbacks. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Highest passer rating in November since 1950 (Minimum 300 attempts):

Jared Goff 107.8

Russell Wilson 105.2

Kirk Cousins 104.3

Tony Romo 103.7

Drew Brees 102.7

Honest question: how do you think this November will affect Goff? 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

As Cliche as it sounds, you often need to just use the eye test when judging quarterbacks. 

Not as an insult to Danger - But literally 100% of Eagles fans use this to defend Wentz. I will tell you the automatic response:

"Wentz is better than ________. You can just tell when you see it. Wentz is special" 

They've circle jerked this phrase so much its literally only second to "Rookie seasons dont matter". 

Eye test = no proof. Because every time they have proof (like the PFF ranking), they immediately drop the eye test & use proof. 

28 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not as an insult to Danger - But literally 100% of Eagles fans use this to defend Wentz. I will tell you the automatic response:

"Wentz is better than ________. You can just tell when you see it. Wentz is special" 

They've circle jerked this phrase so much its literally only second to "Rookie seasons dont matter". 

Eye test = no proof. Because every time they have proof (like the PFF ranking), they immediately drop the eye test & use proof. 

Just saying, stats can be used to make anyone look good under the right circumstances. I've been a proponent of the eye test for probably close to a decade now. I actually think Pro Football Focus is usually pretty accurate aside from the RB position usually. 

Rookie seasons don't matter for QBs, and I will keep on this soap box until the day I die. Baker is even more of an example of this right now than Dak ever was (good for Dak that he was able to rebound and seems to be a solid QB again). 

I've told you multiple times earlier this season that Dak has LOOKED better this season, stats or no stats. 

Also, to be frank, Wentz has looked like a back end of the top 10 QB this season, I haven't watched everything Dak has done, but when I have, no lie he has looked better than Wentz this season. Now of course there's going to be a multitude of circumstances at play, but I won't deny that Dak has been a superior passer this season, stats or no stats. Despite having more turnovers, Dak is still putting his team in more of a position to win than Wentz, who while he hasn't played bad, just has had more errant throws that he should be making.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Honest question: how do you think this November will affect Goff? 

He's playing better but we have a tough slate of defenses to start with Pittsburg and Chicago. 

My guess is his numbers for November definitely dip but his regular season numbers should improve. 

33 minutes ago, Danger said:

Just saying, stats can be used to make anyone look good under the right circumstances. I've been a proponent of the eye test for probably close to a decade now. I actually think Pro Football Focus is usually pretty accurate aside from the RB position usually. 

Rookie seasons don't matter for QBs, and I will keep on this soap box until the day I die. Baker is even more of an example of this right now than Dak ever was (good for Dak that he was able to rebound and seems to be a solid QB again). 

I've told you multiple times earlier this season that Dak has LOOKED better this season, stats or no stats. 

"A lot of next gen stats are a version of the eye test. The difference is we are watching every single player and we have no bias"

-Next gen scout analyst. 

Soooooo

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

"A lot of next gen stats are a version of the eye test. The difference is we are watching every single player and we have no bias"

-Next gen scout analyst. 

Soooooo

They're still statistics that often lack all sense of context. Statistics can be used to support an argument, but should not be used as the basis of an argument.

Edited by Danger