Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Wirfs might be pretty good already - until Khalil Mack showed up

This deserves a bump.  Wirfs was not good last night.  However. he wasn t the worst Bucs tackle last night.  

I really didn t think it was possible, but Wirfs might get a position change this season.  The current LT is the league leader in penalties, and pretty confident top 5 in sacks allowed.  

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

This deserves a bump.  Wirfs was not good last night.  However. he wasn t the worst Bucs tackle last night.  

I really didn t think it was possible, but Wirfs might get a position change this season.  The current LT is the league leader in penalties, and pretty confident top 5 in sacks allowed.  

Aside from all the bs from last night, OL penalties and poor protection in the 2nd half was a big reason why we couldn’t finish drives. Wirfs has gone through the gauntlet his first 5 weeks and Mack by far the best. Overall he wasn’t bad, but Don Smith on the other hand was destroyed. Would love to find another Wirfs in the draft next year.

15 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Aside from all the bs from last night, OL penalties and poor protection in the 2nd half was a big reason why we couldn’t finish drives. Wirfs has gone through the gauntlet his first 5 weeks and Mack by far the best. Overall he wasn’t bad, but Don Smith on the other hand was destroyed. Would love to find another Wirfs in the draft next year.

That's not true at all. Wirfs got beaten like a drum in the second half.

Mack had his way with both OTs.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's not true at all. Wirfs got beaten like a drum in the second half.

Mack had his way with both OTs.

I heard Aikman at one point say that Wirfs was essentially playing on one leg? I thought they meant he might have injured himself, but I never heard anything more on an injury. Maybe it was just an expression.

But too your point, Khalil Mack had both Smith and Wirfs on skates last night after the 1st quarter. I'll even go further than that, as Hicks was getting good pressure on the interior against Marpet and I saw a few plays where Cappa was looking around like where'd my assignment go...

The OL as a whole was just atrocious the 2nd half...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I heard Aikman at one point say that Wirfs was essentially playing on one leg? I thought they meant he might have injured himself, but I never heard anything more on an injury. Maybe it was just an expression.

But too your point, Khalil Mack had both Smith and Wirfs on skates last night after the 1st quarter. I'll even go further than that, as Hicks was getting good pressure on the interior against Marpet and I saw a few plays where Cappa was looking around like where'd my assignment go...

The OL as a whole was just atrocious the 2nd half...

Leftwich deserves a lot of blame.  The screen game was working.  He called 1 in the second half to Gronk for a big gain.  He didn t do either tackle in any favors in the second half.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Leftwich deserves a lot of blame.  The screen game was working.  He called 1 in the second half to Gronk for a big gain.  He didn t do either tackle in any favors in the second half.  

Definitely. We even ran a couple smoke routes that were consistently netting 4-6 yards, but we got away from that as well....

Also, not sure why Lefty got away from throwing the shallow crossing route to Tyler Johnson; that play was there for the taking...

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

leftwich sucks period

I hope you're not right... but, if anyone is gonna get the blame, I think it'll be him. I really want to know what happened when Brady forgot it was 4th down. Cause that's something that would never have happened on the Pats. I get that he was rattled all game, and still isn't comfortable with the offense, but damn, I don't think I've ever seen a QB forget what down it was. 

19 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I hope you're not right... but, if anyone is gonna get the blame, I think it'll be him. I really want to know what happened when Brady forgot it was 4th down. Cause that's something that would never have happened on the Pats. I get that he was rattled all game, and still isn't comfortable with the offense, but damn, I don't think I've ever seen a QB forget what down it was. 

i honestly dont know why BA ever brought Leftwih along 

that was the only issue i ever had with him from the beginning when he got here, but i didnt thing it would be that be big a deal since he would be calling the plays

but now with leftwich calling plays...yuck man

just please either let BA call plays or let Brady call the plays

leftwich needs to go ,  im calling it now

he was never a good qb in this league and hes been riding the coat tails of others to get this far in his coaching career

cut bait now while we are ahead

i bet we'd see the offense soar