What are you reading? V1

Forge

3 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Crime & Punishment

I'm a very slow reader because I wanna make sure I absorb everything.

I don't think Crime and Punishment  (or anything else by Dostoyevsky) can be read in any other way.  Russians write dense *** prose, and they write a lot of it.

I still haven't gotten to Tolstoy yet.

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Anna Karenina is on my list.  War and Peace will probably have to wait until second shutdown.

Dostoyevsky is good, what I've read of him, at least, but I much prefer Nabokov.  Lolita is one of my all time favorites, Pale Fire is a very, very weird book in a good way, and The Gift is great so far.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Anna Karenina is on my list.  War and Peace will probably have to wait until second shutdown.

Dostoyevsky is good, what I've read of him, at least, but I much prefer Nabokov.  Lolita is one of my all time favorites, Pale Fire is a very, very weird book in a good way, and The Gift is great so far.

My favorite Nabokov is Invitation to a Beheading

On 11/20/2020 at 12:52 PM, Daniel said:

I don't think Crime and Punishment  (or anything else by Dostoyevsky) can be read in any other way.  Russians write dense *** prose, and they write a lot of it.

Tbh I've always found C&P to be a quick and easy read by Dostoevsky standards

Brothers K not so much tbh

On 11/20/2020 at 9:45 PM, MikeT14 said:

I loved the first one. I don't know how much faith I have in this one.

I'm halfway through it. First quarter was pure trash. Second quarter has been better and more in line with the first book, but he's shoehorning an agenda this time which is obnoxious. He's gone overboard with the references to the point that it's detracting from the story.

I loved the first book, but if this is the best a sequel had to offer then it had no business getting a second book.

11 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I'm halfway through it. First quarter was pure trash. Second quarter has been better and more in line with the first book, but he's shoehorning an agenda this time which is obnoxious. He's gone overboard with the references to the point that it's detracting from the story.

I loved the first book, but if this is the best a sequel had to offer then it had no business getting a second book.

Reviews and reddit seem to mimic that. I was probably going to pass, and am def going to now.