BDL Week 2 - Antarctica Katabatic Beasts @ Cuba Smugglers

Ragnarok

Who wins?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Anarctica Katabatic Beasts
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 04:00 AM

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

We can run some zone blitzes from the nickel and even bring down Tyrann Mathieu to put a lot of attention at the LOS for pre-snap. The teams who have success against Jackson can pressure him with three players. We do think highly enough of Cox and Jordan to disrupt plays at the LOS. We’ve got good depth to rotate and keep guys fresh if Antarctica is planning on strictly committing to the run game.

Is this in the gameplan?

On 9/20/2020 at 2:45 PM, Ragnarok said:

With Jimmie Ward and Kenny Moore at the slot there are two well rounded players in coverage with strong tackling ability.

Most of the writeup is dedicated to handling the pistol look, and we mentioned no WR outside of Diggs we want consistently getting safety help. @Counselor

Edited by MD4L
  • Like 1

Some big errors in my opinion by both. One in gameplan and I guess one in personnel which he really can’t help. But I can’t go with the team that has players in that aren’t actually playing. Address it with a trade if you only have one waiver to do it.  It’s just a thing for me.  

I don't care if a guy played 0 snaps if he was active.

I mean, I do, that's terrible, but at the same time it's not like he's lining up 4 OL and a receiver at guard. They can line up and play and I don't think either Fluker or Biadasz is so bad that they can't run on a 3-2-6 defense.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean, I do, that's terrible, but at the same time it's not like he's lining up 4 OL and a receiver at guard. They can line up and play and I don't think either Fluker or Biadasz is so bad that they can't run on a 3-2-6 defense.

Barkley averaged less than 1 YPC in his only full time game this season. Plus the front 3 is filled with talented players who are not forced to play full time snaps. And of course, the 6 DBs helps in pass defense and accounts for the dynamic x-factor Jackson poses as a runner himself.

31 minutes ago, Blue said:

Because you have half a team yourself 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Barkley averaged less than 1 YPC in his only full time game this season. Plus the front 3 is filled with talented players who are not forced to play full time snaps. And of course, the 6 DBs helps in pass defense and accounts for the dynamic x-factor Jackson poses as a runner himself.

You lost me when you tried to use Barkley's YPC against him instead of the trash o-line he's running behind and defenses that have zero respect for Daniel Jones keying on him

15 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Because you have half a team yourself 

Whoa now, I have at least two-thirds of a team.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

You lost me when you tried to use Barkley's YPC against him instead of the trash o-line he's running behind and defenses that have zero respect for Daniel Jones keying on him

Whoa now, I have at least two-thirds of a team.

I used that claim because he’s on my fantasy team and I lost week one, but this offensive line isn’t much better and we gameplanned around stopping Lamar Jackson. It’s a double edged sword because that backfield is so good you’re likely going to put yourself at a disadvantage one way or another.

EDIT: I sold out to stop the reigning MVP over a great RB. It’s a decision I would probably make again considering my present roster.

Edited by MD4L