Week 3 on TNF: Miami Dolphins (0-2) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1)

TheKillerNacho

The end doesn't surprise me, nor would it have surprised me if the scores were reversed. Miami though being 0-2 were in those games with Buffalo and NE. No Chark for Jacksonville definitely helped us. 

I am not thrilled with Elandon Roberts but Van Noy hasn't let me down. Gaskin is showing a little something though I don't see him as the long term answer. 

As much as I want to see what Tua can bring it is somewhat refreshing to see how much joy Fitz appears to get out of playing the game maybe that is in part because the line is much improved.  

Week 3 Thoughts:

1.  O-line still playing really well (at least in pass protection).  3 weeks saying this and at this point, it's probably safe to not call it a fluke.  I did see one play where Jackson got pushed back into Fitz, but Fitz got the ball out for a completion before any impact.  The only sack given up was on a Fitz rollout to his right where there was no blocker on Josh Allen.  Still very, very pleased with this unit.

2.  I'm very happy that this young team got the win, but would it kill the coaching staff to step on the opponent's throat for once?  There is zero reason why the Fins should have only attempted 6 passes the entire 2nd half, when Fitz was dang near perfect in the 1st half.  A good team could have easily come back against the Fins and won that game.

3. The game was over with 5-6 minutes in the 4th quarter.  That seems like it would have been a good time to get Tua some reps, no?

4.  The D actually got some pressure last night.  Minshew looked flustered all game and his poor performance showed.  

5.   Igbinoghene still made a few rookie mistakes, but he was a lot better last night.  Good to see the development of the rook.

6.  Really hoping that leg grab by Howard after the INT turns out to be nothing.

7.  The LBs still mostly stink.

8.  I want Tua in there now, but it's still fun to watch Fitz when he's fired up.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Week 3 Thoughts:

1.  O-line still playing really well (at least in pass protection).  3 weeks saying this and at this point, it's probably safe to not call it a fluke.  I did see one play where Jackson got pushed back into Fitz, but Fitz got the ball out for a completion before any impact.  The only sack given up was on a Fitz rollout to his right where there was no blocker on Josh Allen.  Still very, very pleased with this unit.

2.  I'm very happy that this young team got the win, but would it kill the coaching staff to step on the opponent's throat for once?  There is zero reason why the Fins should have only attempted 6 passes the entire 2nd half, when Fitz was dang near perfect in the 1st half.  A good team could have easily come back against the Fins and won that game.

3. The game was over with 5-6 minutes in the 4th quarter.  That seems like it would have been a good time to get Tua some reps, no?

4.  The D actually got some pressure last night.  Minshew looked flustered all game and his poor performance showed.  

5.   Igbinoghene still made a few rookie mistakes, but he was a lot better last night.  Good to see the development of the rook.

6.  Really hoping that leg grab by Howard after the INT turns out to be nothing.

7.  The LBs still mostly stink.

8.  I want Tua in there now, but it's still fun to watch Fitz when he's fired up.  

I agree on Igbinoghene,  we are rebuilding and I like the CB getting trial by fire (Diggs etc), at this stage what better way to develop,  than to be exposed to/by the best and hopefully learn from/coached up on mistakes.  

I also hoped to see some Tua with the game in hand, and like you I agree, theoretically,  the game could of been well in hand long before that point if Miami hadn't gone so conservative. 

Regardless, watching Miami win sure beats having to look for the silver lining when they lose.  

15 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Tua not coming out even in garbage time does not make me very motivated to watch more games this season.

No doubt that they are much less interesting with Fitz still back there.  Probably have to wait until November until Tua starts getting starts, outside of an injury to Fitz.  But plenty of young guys to watch develop until then.  This team is immensely more watchable than the 2019 version, and I stuck it out with that ****show for 16 games.  

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 9:03 AM, hrubes20 said:

No doubt that they are much less interesting with Fitz still back there.  Probably have to wait until November until Tua starts getting starts, outside of an injury to Fitz.  But plenty of young guys to watch develop until then.  This team is immensely more watchable than the 2019 version, and I stuck it out with that ****show for 16 games.  

I get that people want to get tua's feet wet, but this team still fancies itself as a playoff team, and putting in the backup QB just to get his feet wet is not what playoff teams do. 

So it will probably happen, but only once you guys fall behind in the race. Its very early. You probably wont make the playoffs, but that is the mindset of a coaching staff that wants to change the culture. 

You guys have played everyone pretty tough so far. Thats a really good first step to make in the rebuild. Fitz is playing well... not like hes brian hoyer lol what a bum that guy is. 

Shame the pats had to luck into Cam newton. Hoyer is so bad lol