ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

Just now, mission27 said:

The catcher was screaming and yelling that it was strike three and to challenge it... Girardi is a freaking former catcher and he didn't trust his guy.  

be hard to trust him after that defensive performance he had the night before lol

If the catcher is asking, you gotta review it for him. Prolly didnt think it would turn into a grandslam specially with how lost Lindor looked the night before batting and now doing much earlier in the game.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

Torreyes? He was doing his job... he was told to get a head start on the bunt. 

Right.  Because Girardi thought it was a good idea, with Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez coming up, no outs, and the winning run in scoring position to call a bunt hit and run. 

He's gotta go.  Disgraceful. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

be hard to trust him after that defensive performance he had the night before lol

If the catcher is asking, you gotta review it for him. Prolly didnt think it would turn into a grandslam specially with how lost Lindor looked the night before batting and now doing much earlier in the game.

Right.  Worst case, you lose one of your two challenges in the 7th inning of a 5 run game.  

And you don't know its going to be a grand slam but in a 5 run game, there is a huge huge difference between bases loaded and inning over.  You'e gotta challenge it.

What a game.

Deflating for the Yanks. You shell Kluber and are all set to be 1-1 heading home, now you blow a five run lead and on the brink.

Great game, huge win. Hope Edwin’s alright.

Jackson has to play for Cleveland.

Bullpen huge again tonight.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Right.  Because Girardi thought it was a good idea, with Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez coming up, no outs, and the winning run in scoring position to call a bunt hit and run. 

He's gotta go.  Disgraceful. 

I probably would have made that same call. Bunt him to 3rd (potentially get Gardy on 1st with his speed) and then told Judge to just get a sacfly. Although i wouldnt have sent Torreyes so early.

gotta love the records/History the Indians keep making. Longest win streak in franchise history, biggest playoff comeback in playoff history...only way to finish it off is to win the whole damn thing!

To me I find it hard to blame Torreyes fully on that throw out. You rarely see that and it takes a catcher having a pretty damn good arm to do that. It takes Yanny throwing an absolute dime to 2nd to make that play. I would credit Yanny more than blame Torreyes

Archived