ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

At first glance, I could see how someone would think that, but it more or less boils down to a couple of things:

1. They would want Kluber to go Game 5, if necessary, hence why he's going Game 2 instead of Game 1.

2. Bauer has done VERY well against the NYY this year. Tito is into those metrics more than almost any other coach in the entire MLB.

I don't fault the Indians for it at all and I actually like the move. I'm just saying it's essentially saying you better win game 1 or else you're screwed.

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Yankees MUST beat Bauer. Trying to beat Carrasco and Klubot twice is a tough task.

I think Yankees are conceading game 2 to the Indians by putting CC on the mound (with slight hopes he can put up a CC workhorse like effort and potentially steal one) Puts our ace and Tanaka who just pitched a gem in his last outing in games 3 and 4.

Seems we are trying to win game 1, 3, and 4 by conceading game 2. Issue with this strategy is we would be forced to start Gray or Sabathia in game 5 instead of having our ace available.

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Cocky move by Cleveland rolling out Bauer in Game 1. Basically saying hey if you don't win game 1, this series is over because you got Kluber in game 2.

Not cocky at all. I don’t know why this is being blown up. They did the same thing last year. Had Kluber start game 2 vs Boston with plenty of rest. 

If NY doesn’t win tonight they will get swept! 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not cocky at all. I don’t know why this is being blown up. They did the same thing last year. Had Kluber start game 2 vs Boston with plenty of rest. 

Watch them lose Game 1 and win the next two

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think Yankees are conceading game 2 to the Indians by putting CC on the mound (with slight hopes he can put up a CC workhorse like effort and potentially steal one) Puts our ace and Tanaka who just pitched a gem in his last outing in games 3 and 4.

Seems we are trying to win game 1, 3, and 4 by conceading game 2. Issue with this strategy is we would be forced to start Gray or Sabathia in game 5 instead of having our ace available.

I think they started CC game 2 is because he's pitched in Cleveland.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

You sure about that? Sabathia is 9-0 with 1.71 ERA following a loss this year. So if we lose game 1 then CC could be in for a big game.

4 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

I remember when the Giants did that by throwing Zito against Verlander in game one of the world series in 2014. As you can see from that game, just never know what could happen. 

48 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

You sure about that? Sabathia is 9-0 with 1.71 ERA following a loss this year. So if we lose game 1 then CC could be in for a big game.

Yeah I’m sure about that. I’ll take Kluber over CC any day of the week

Lmfao the only difference between these two teams is Corey Kluber. Everything else can be argued either way. 

Acting like the Yankees will get swept.... lol. 

Cleveland fans getting cocky after blowing a 3-1 lead in the world series??.  Point being don’t put the horse before the carriage. 

Series could go any way. Don’t see a sweep from either side. No one should feel 100% confident outside of Cleveland in game two. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Yeah I’m sure about that. I’ll take Kluber over CC any day of the week

Well anyone would take Kluber at this point in their careers but if there is a loss in game 1 then it is far from a sure thing that Yanks will get swept as CC is elite following losses on the year.

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah but what do his stats look like on Friday games that start before 6? 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Lmfao the only difference between these two teams is Corey Kluber. Everything else can be argued either way. 

Acting like the Yankees will get swept.... lol. 

Cleveland fans getting cocky after blowing a 3-1 lead in the world series??.  Point being don’t put the horse before the carriage. 

Series could go any way. Don’t see a sweep from either side. No one should feel 100% confident outside of Cleveland in game two. 

No one said the Yankees were going to get swept. But if they lose game 1 it's going to be a tough task beating Kluber, Carrasco, and then potentially Kluber again.

Were confident because we were the best team in the AL this year, nothing wrong with that.  That being said it's a 5 game series so anything could happen.

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

No one said the Yankees were going to get swept. But if they lose game 1 it's going to be a tough task beating Kluber, Carrasco, and then potentially Kluber again.

Were confident because we were the best team in the AL this year, nothing wrong with that.  That being said it's a 5 game series so anything could happen.

Did you even read the thread? It is clearly mentioned by Indians fans if Yankees lose game 1 they will get swept. 

Archived