ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

4 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Lmfao the only difference between these two teams is Corey Kluber. Everything else can be argued either way. 

Acting like the Yankees will get swept.... lol. 

Cleveland fans getting cocky after blowing a 3-1 lead in the world series??.  Point being don’t put the horse before the carriage. 

Series could go any way. Don’t see a sweep from either side. No one should feel 100% confident outside of Cleveland in game two. 

Indians have the two best starting pitchers in Kluber and Cookie in this series. They both should finish in the top5 in cy young voting. No reason to believe in a sweep if Bauer gets the win tonight. 

Getting cocky but bring up something last year? At least Cleveland never blew 3-0 lead, Amrite yankees? Also if you want to talk about the World Series, the team with the strong starting pitch won. Kluber couldn’t finish his off his 3rd start in a series.  Indians only had Kluber last year. Look at this match up and Cleveland has the better starting pitching.

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Indians have the two best starting pitchers in Kluber and Cookie in this series. They both should finish in the top5 in cy young voting. No reason to believe in a sweep if Bauer gets the win tonight. 

Getting cocky but bring up something last year? At least Cleveland never blew 3-0 lead, Amrite yankees? Also if you want to talk about the World Series, the team with the strong starting pitch won. Kluber couldn’t finish his off his 3rd start in a series.  Indians only had Kluber last year. Look at this match up and Cleveland has the better starting pitching.

You really gonna compare 04 to 16? Lmao. Gimme a list of current Yankee players on that team and gimme a list of current tribe players on the 16 team. Nice try tho. And carrasco over Sevy is a stretch. This year at least

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

lmao every year people on this board act like a series is solely determined by who pitched better over a 162 game season

Well the Indians were better in just about every aspect of the game. Better starting pitching, better defense, equal offense, equal bullpen, better manager

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You really gonna compare 04 to 16? Lmao. Gimme a list of current Yankee players on that team and gimme a list of current tribe players on the 16 team. Nice try tho. And carrasco over Sevy is a stretch. This year at least

I understand that but this 17 team is a lot different than last years 16. This team is a lot deeper off the bench, have a healthy starting pitching rotation, and have two players finish in the top10/15 of MVP (JRam should be top5 and Lindor should be top15 maybe top10). 

cookie over sevy is not a stretch. Sevy is a 5.7WAR and Cookie is a 5.5WAR. Adv stats have both at 7 and 8. 

9 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't really like baseball. But I'm going with the Indians because I live in Cleveland. Probably 5 games...assuming it's a 7 game series? I don't even know.

Super fairweather baseball fan over here.

It's best of 5. Best of 7s is only for the LCS (next round) and World Series. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Well the Indians were better in just about every aspect of the game. Better starting pitching, better defense, equal offense, equal bullpen, better manager

I understand that but this 17 team is a lot different than last years 16. This team is a lot deeper off the bench, have a healthy starting pitching rotation, and have two players finish in the top10/15 of MVP (JRam should be top5 and Lindor should be top15 maybe top10). 

cookie over sevy is not a stretch. Sevy is a 5.7WAR and Cookie is a 5.5WAR. Adv stats have both at 7 and 8. 

1) That's a legitimate statement...as opposed to chalking up the series outcome solely to the rotation (2011 Phillies)

2) The difference is negligible, with WAR and the like you need to recognize margin of error

Archived