• Lakers in 4
    • Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

2020 is a bunch if nonsense. It's happening. Miami going to do it. Bam is gonna give Davis the business, Spo has the team to limit LeBron, Miami youngsters don't have to deal with crazy crowds (less pressure), Kuzma and company gonna crap the bed.

IN B4 DOES LEBRON REGRET LEAVING MIAMI

• Like 1

True test of balance vs. top heavy. Typically you go with top heavy.

The Lakers will be able to play big against Miami like they prefer.

Miami and that zone will be able to frustrate the hell out of LeBron if the Lakers' supporting cast don't make their 3s. LeBron made some jumpers in game 5, but his shot was broken before that. If he doesn't hit his jumper consistently, then I think Miami takes it.

I'm going with Lakers in 6. Hard to pick against the team with the 2 best players in the series, but this Miami team can throw a lot of things at them. Should be fun.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

True test of balance vs. top heavy. Typically you go with top heavy.

The Lakers will be able to play big against Miami like they prefer.

Miami and that zone will be able to frustrate the hell out of LeBron if the Lakers' supporting cast don't make their 3s. LeBron made some jumpers in game 5, but his shot was broken before that. If he doesn't hit his jumper consistently, then I think Miami takes it.

I'm going with Lakers in 6. Hard to pick against the team with the 2 best players in the series, but this Miami team can throw a lot of things at them. Should be fun.

This series kind of reminds me of the 2004 Finals when the Lakers came up against the Pistons. 

Miami becomes only the 2nd team in the last 30 years to make the Finals without a former top 5 pick on their roster along with the 2019 Toronto Raptors. And if they win it all they'd be only the third team in the last 30 years to win a championship without a former MVP on their roster along with the 2019 Toronto Raptors and 2004 Detroit Pistons. 

Edited by NYRaider

Um, initial feeling is Lakers in 6. But the Heat have Crowder/Iggy/Butler to throw at LeBron and they will zone up quite a bit. LeBron's jumper can't abandon him this series like it did against the Nuggets. Rondo has been so huge for the Lakers, especially taking over for big stretches in tight 4th quarters. He's going to have to do that again at least one or twice more. Will the Lakers roll with their traditional two big line up or start Morris at PF like they did against the Rockets? Going to be a lot of adjustments going on by both teams. Definitely should be a fun series. 

I'll go against the grain and go with Miami in 7.

For a few reasons:

1. The Lakers have been the worst 3 point shooting team in the playoffs and I think Miami's zone defense will be able to limit them. 

2. I think Bam on the interior of that zone and matched up with AD will be enough to slow him down. 

3. The Heat have a much more balanced scoring attack with 6 guys averaging double figures and all 6 of those guys have gone for 20+ points (5 have multiple times) in the playoffs. While the Lakers only have 3 guys averaging double figures in the playoffs and have gotten a total of 1 20+ point performance from someone not named James or Davis. 

4. This is Spo's 5th NBA finals appearance as a coach and I think he's a much better coach than Vogel. 

5. Miami was the best 3 point shooting team in the league this year and can get hot from deep in a hurry. 

6. I don't think Miami will be able to shut LeBron down but I think they have the personnel to at least make things tough on him.  

And again this reminds me of the 2004 NBA finals matchup between the Lakers and Pistons. 

The 2004 Lakers were led by two superstars (Kobe + Shaq) but lacked balance or a consistent 3rd scorer. 

The 2020 Lakers are led by two superstars (LeBron + AD) but lack balance or a consistent 3rd scorer. 

The 2004 Pistons didn't have a superstar but had a very balanced team led by a veteran wing scorer, crafty veteran lead guard, and monster defensive center. (Hamilton, Billups, Wallace)

The 2020 Heat don't have a superstar but have a very balanced team led by a veteran wing scorer, crafty veteran lead guard, and monster defensive center. (Butler, Dragic, Bam)

Interested to see how Bam matches up on AD. 

In 6 career meetings...

AD - 31.5 ppg | 10.3 rpg | 3.7 apg | 3.7 bpg on .556 FG 

Bam - 8.5 ppg | 9.2 rpg | 3.8 apg | 0.8 bpg on .558 FG

In 2 matchups this season... 

AD - 29.5 ppg | 9 rpg | 4 apg | 3 bpg on .594 FG

Bam - 11.5 ppg | 10.5 rpg | 3.5 apg | 1 bpg on .500 FG 

Edited by NYRaider

47 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If memory serves me right Lakers did kinda well eventually against Miami's zone in the regular season to the tune of 2 wins and AD averaged like 30 ppg.

Did Miami play zone defense during the regular season against you guys? 

It's also important to note that the last time you guys played was in December and Miami's starting 5 was: Nunn - Robinson - Butler - Bam - Leonard with Olynyk - Herro - Jones off the bench.

When you guys play them in the finals their starting 5 will be Dragic - Robinson - Butler - Crowder - Bam with Herro - Iggy - Hill off the bench. 

They're a very different team now. 

Edited by NYRaider