• Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

11 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

I'd say Rondo and Howard and then Caruso followed by maybe KCP

Rondo does what few other LAL guards do...he heads to the boards on the shot of others.
Too often too many LAL players sit around the perimeter watching someone else's 3 or jumper as it heads to the rim.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

He didnt.  He played well cause he's good and appeared to be healthy. But he didnt have a big impact on the game IMO.

He definitely had an impact, it's just people were not taking into consideration the type of impact Olynyk was having in Bam's absence. Being able to run give out was giving the Lakers defense a lot of fits. But Bam played well and the game was a dog fight coming down to the last few minutes. Game 5 should be no different. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

The winner of game 5 wins the series...

Nah, don't see that. Lakers having the two best players in a game 7 will still be hard to overcome. And not only that, but Bron is the greatest game 7 performer of all time. Heat need to just win game 5 first. Then take it from there. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He definitely had an impact, it's just people were not taking into consideration the type of impact Olynyk was having in Bam's absence. Being able to run give out was giving the Lakers defense a lot of fits. But Bam played well and the game was a dog fight coming down to the last few minutes. Game 5 should be no different. 

Sure he had an impact - he's a good player - but he didnt have a big impact IMO - which is the comment I was responding to.
It is worth considering if starting Bam over Olynyk was an overall positive for the Heat. If Olynyk gets more than 12 minutes - he might have more than 4 pts and turn a tight game into a Heat win. Didnt happen. 3-1 LAL.

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Obviously super impressive, but LMAO at ignoring 2019 by saying "last 2 full seasons" as if the Lakers weren't losing games being ahead after three quarters when LeBron was healthy.

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

wasn't this the same postseason as dragic telling sasha vujacic he was going to get with his sister or something? lmao i miss the nba from 10-12 years ago 

I actually never heard about the sister part. I know those two never liked each other and it was even the same way when they were playing together in Slovenia. 

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Realistically, what kind of players can the Lakers add this offseason? How much of the roster is going to be different for next season? 

They don't have much flexibility to change. They will get Avery Bradley back but I don't think this roster is enough to win a title next season. They are too old. THT, Caruso and Kuzma would all have to improve a good amount.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Realistically, what kind of players can the Lakers add this offseason? How much of the roster is going to be different for next season? 

59 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

They don't have much flexibility to change. They will get Avery Bradley back but I don't think this roster is enough to win a title next season. They are too old. THT, Caruso and Kuzma would all have to improve a good amount.

Yeah, not much room to do anything. The only tool they have will be the MLE. If everyone opts in to their player options, then they actually could add a useful player. Otherwise they'll need to split that among the KCP, Howard, Morris, Rondo, Bradley, and McGee group that opts out/are free agents.

I do wonder if Darren Collison will actually come back next season. I know he flirted with a return.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rajon Rondo ($2.6M), KCP ($8.5M), Avery Bradley ($5M), and JaVale McGee ($4.2M) all have player options.  Obviously, Anthony Davis is expected to opt out, but he'll almost certainly re-sign.

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

That was an awesome game last night. Such high intensity. AD is a special defensive player. Lakers keep winning ugly but gotta respect their defense. Heat battled, needed Jimmy to be more aggressive. 

Yep, Jimmy was refusing to take the jump shot and there was no way he was going to consistently finish at the rim on AD. The Lakers will play him the exact same way in game 5 so I'm interested in seeing how he adjusts and if he is more aggressive from the perimeter. 

Lakers defense late in games is tough. Nuggets were right in those games as well, but the Lakers just physically stifle teams and do enough offensively to pull games out. Again, having as many vets as they have is such a huge advantage. Rondo has won them or helped close out at least four games this postseason. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yep, Jimmy was refusing to take the jump shot and there was no way he was going to consistently finish at the rim on AD. The Lakers will play him the exact same way in game 5 so I'm interested in seeing how he adjusts and if he is more aggressive from the perimeter. 

Lakers defense late in games is tough. Nuggets were right in those games as well, but the Lakers just physically stifle teams and do enough offensively to pull games out. Again, having as many vets as they have is such a huge advantage. Rondo has won them or helped close out at least four games this postseason. 

I remember looking at the scoreboard wondering how the Heat even scored as many as they did lol. Their offense was running DHOs with the white dudes and they were completely smothered. Jimmy ideally should have been willing to take some jumpers. 

And yeah Lakers defense and rebounding is the difference. Their offense can be pretty ugly, but they hit some big shots. Rebounding being the key to an NBA finals run is not necessarily something I anticipated