QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

We can probably get colts 1st and 3rd for Wentz. Basically what we got for Sam Bradford but Wentz has way more potential, and better. Behind colts OLINE he will thrive. We can possibly get a 1 and 2, I can see Steelers being a good fit also.

We aren't getting a first unless some dumb team trades for Carson. Like the raiders might do that.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

As crazy as it sounds I don't think his performance this year will be factored into his trade return as much as people think.

Teams will talk themselves into fixing him but they also will use his most recent performance to drive down the value. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Teams will talk themselves into fixing him but they also will use his most recent performance to drive down the value. 

But we will use his cheap salary for a team trading for him as something that can raise his value. They will be paying him around 24 million avg. His past years he did great in, and how he thrived with Frank. Wentz problem is he had the worst Oline and he didn’t trust them at all and he started looking down for the first time in his career. He had no confidence. Other teams will see that and colts with there oline he will be great in

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

But we will use his cheap salary for a team trading for him as something that can raise his value. They will be paying him around 24 million avg. His past years he did great in, and how he thrived with Frank. Wentz problem is he had the worst Oline and he didn’t trust them at all and he started looking down for the first time in his career. He had no confidence. Other teams will see that and colts with there oline he will be great in

You just described him developing a bad habit you don't want your QB to ever have. That lowers his value.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

You just described him developing a bad habit you don't want your QB to ever have. That lowers his value.

Every Qb that’s not very mobile will develop that when they’ve taken a record setting amount of hits. He looked the best I’ve ever seen in the first half of the redskins game then he just couldn’t get his confidence back in his guys. It’s our fault we never have him weapons. We should’ve got Hopkins over slay and that would’ve made the bigger difference. Wentz had zero weapons. Reagor, hightower and ward which are horrible... every Qb would be bad. Look at brees without thomas he looks bad, it’s amaxing what a true number 1 does for an offense. 2017 was the last year we had with a good supporting cast and he looked great 

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Every Qb that’s not very mobile will develop that when they’ve taken a record setting amount of hits. He looked the best I’ve ever seen in the first half of the redskins game then he just couldn’t get his confidence back in his guys. It’s our fault we never have him weapons. We should’ve got Hopkins over slay and that would’ve made the bigger difference. Wentz had zero weapons. Reagor, hightower and ward which are horrible... every Qb would be bad. Look at brees without thomas he looks bad, it’s amaxing what a true number 1 does for an offense. 2017 was the last year we had with a good supporting cast and he looked great 

Hey I'm all for some team over paying for Wentz. I just am not going to get my hopes up.

24 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

We can probably get colts 1st and 3rd for Wentz. Basically what we got for Sam Bradford but Wentz has way more potential, and better. Behind colts OLINE he will thrive. We can possibly get a 1 and 2, I can see Steelers being a good fit also.

Probably not.

1st rounder seems unrealistic in a what have you done for me lately league, but the idea of us trading him for a mid round pick is even more unrealistic. We are still taking on a stupid amount of dead cap even in this dream scenario where he gives us money back, correct? So no reason to move him unless it’s actually beneficial for us. A 4th round pick for 2nd overall pick talent that we owe a bunch of money too? Doesn’t seem worth it.

He wants to be traded, doesn’t mean we have to. I’d rather force the unhappy QB to play and see if 2020 was fluke than get mid round return. 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I wonder if the team knew that Wentz wanted out before they green lit doug coming back or if carson wants out now that doug will be back.

Could we see Lurie backtrack and get rid of doug to keep carson still?

hopefully

How ridiculous is this whole thing? Peterson stuck w/ Wentz well after fans were calling for Hurts, and if anything it seems Doug was reluctant to ever play Hurts but there was FO pressure (they drafted Hurts, afterall). Now Doug is the reason Carson wants out? Madness. Was there just no conversation between these two when Hurts got the job? Or does Wentz just think it’s unacceptable he was benched the final 4 games of a lost season after having one of the worst seasons in modern franchise history?

Doug is a buffoon and/or Wentz is a soft diva. Unfortunately I think both are true.